No. 01 (05)/2010-D(Pen/Policy)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence,
bepartment of Ex-Servicemen Welfare,
New Delhi, dated 17th January’ 2013
The Chief of the Army Staff
The. Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
SUBJECT: Implementation of the Government decision on the recommendations of Committee on the issues related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen, 2012 – Grant of dual Family pension from Military as well as Civil employment.
The under signed is directed to refer to the provisions contained in Army Instructions 51/1980 read with provisions contained in this Ministry’s letter No 10(6)/92/b(Pen/5ers) dated 28.9.1992 and Regulation 78 of Pension Regulations for the Army Part-I (2008) according to which the NOK of Armed Forces pensioners,who got re-employed in Civil Departments/PSUs/Autonomous bodies/Local Funds of Central/State Governments after getting retired from military service with pension, are authorized to draw Ordinary Family pension either from military side or from civil side in terms of provisions contained in this Ministry’s above said letter dated 28.9.1992 and Rule 54 (13-A) & Rule 54 (13-8) of CCS (Pension) Rule 1972.
2. In order to consider various issues on pension of Armed Forces personnel and Ex-Servicemen, the Government had constituted a Committee of Secretaries headed by Cabinet Secretary. The Committee in its Report has recommended that NOK of a pensioner who gets second employment in the Government after discharge from military service would be entitled to draw two Family Pensions.
3. The above recommendation of the Committee has been accepted by the Government and the President is pleased to decide that the families of Armed Forces pensioners who got re-employed in Civil Departments/PSUs/Autonomous bodies/Local Funds of Central/State Governments after getting retired from military service and were in receipt of military pension till death, shall be allowed to draw Family pension
from military side in addition to the family pension, if any, authorized from the re employed civil department subject to fulfillment of other prescribed conditions as hithertofore.
4. The provisions of this letter shall be applicable to the Armed Forces personnel who got discharged/retired/invalided out from service with effect from 24th September 2012 or thereafter. Benefit of these provisions shall also be allowed in past cases however the financial benefit shall be granted from 24th September 2012 only.
5. Pension Regulations of the three Services shall be amended in due course.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No. PC 1/10(12)/2012/FIN/PEN dated 10.01.2013
Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]