Pension in respect of TA personnel granted Honorary rank of Lieutenants/ Captains: Circular No. 541
O/o THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No: 541
The O I/C
Records/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject: Pension in respect of TA personnel granted Honorary rank of Lieutenants/ Captains.
As per Para 172(C) of Regulations for the Territorial Army 1948, Junior Commissioned Officers holding Hony ranks of Lieutenants/ Captains will be paid in accordance with the ranks they held prior to being granted the Hony Ranks.
2. The said regulation has been amended under C.S. No. 1/2011 issued with the approval of MOD/ Fin Diary No. 710/FIN/GS/11 dated 08.07.2011 as follows:-
For: Junior Commissioned Officers holding Hony. ranks of Captains and Lieutenants will be paid in accordance with the rank they held prior to being granted the Hony Ranks.
Read: Junior commissioned officers granted Honorary commission of Captain and Lieutenants while in service will continue to be entitled to same pay and allowances that is paid to their equivalent Honorary Commissioned Officers in Regular Army. However, Junior Commissioned Officers granted Honorary ranks of Captain and Lieutenants on retirement will be paid in accordance with the rank they held prior to being granted the Honorary Rank.
3. Further, GOI, MOD, vide their letter No. 47144/GS/TA-3/25/US/D(GS-III) dated 17.02.2015 has clarified that “Pension to all TA personnel granted Honorary rank of Lieutenants/ Captains, while on active service both Pre and Post 8th July 2011 will be applicable at par with Regular Army.”
4. In view of the above, you are requested to submit affected cases of all TA personnel granted Honorary rank of Lieutenants/ Captains, while on active service to the oV C, EDP (M/S) Section of this office along with all connected documents.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in
No. Gts/Tech/0148/LIII (G K WI)
Dy. CDA (P)
Government of India
Minsitry of Defence
South Block, New Delhi
Dated 17th February, 2015
Ulan Batar Road,
Palam, Delhi Cantt-10
C.S. No. 1/2011 EFFECTIVE DATE
In continuation to 03. No. 1/2011 concurred by MOD(Fin) vide their diary No. 710/Fin/GS/11 dated 8th July, 2011 and issued vide TA Dte letter No. 47144/GS/TA-3 dated 29th September, 2011.
2. Pension to all TA personnel granted Honorary rank of Lieutenants/ Captains, while in active service both pre and post 8th July, 2011, Will be applicable at par with Regular Army.
3. Necessary instructions be passed by CGDA to all concerned regarding the same.
4. This letter issues with concurrence of Finance Division of the Ministry Defence vide their Dy No. 67/Fin/GS/ 15 dated 13.02.2015.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]