Payment of Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) on monthly basis with Disability Pension/ War Injury Pension to Armed Forces Personnel: PCDA Circular 543
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
Circular No. 543
Subject: Payment of Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) on monthly basis with Disability Pension/ War Injury Pension to Armed Forces Personnel.
A copy of the Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 1 (2)/2013-D(Pen/ Pol) dated 2th April’ 2015 is enclosed herewith for information and necessary action which is self explanatory.
2. In terms of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter dated 27th April 2015, Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) shall be paid on monthly basis during the period of award along with disability/ war injury pension to Armed Forces Pensioner as the case may be.
3. Concerned Armed Forces Pensioners shall submit a declaration on the format enclosed as Annexure with said Govt. letter to their Pension Disbursing Agency (PDA) at the time of initial payment of CAA and thereafter on annual basis at the time of his/ her annual identification.
4. During initial declaration, pensioner shall stat in item Ill of the Annexure that he/ she will employ an attendant for the upcoming one year or up to the date for which CAA has been sanctioned, whichever is earlier. During subsequent annual declaration, pensioner would also complete item II of the Annexure providing a declaration for the period from the date of last declaration.
5. Payment made against declaration under item Ill of Annexure shall be treated as provisional and would be final on submission of subsequent declaration under item II.
6. In case a pensioner drawing CAA becomes inpatient in any Government Hospital/ Institution or is gainfully employed, he shall immediately report the matter to the PDA. Since CAA is being paid on the basis of annual declaration, any over payment on account of CAA noticed with reference to the declaration quoted above, shall be adjusted from monthly pension due to the pesioner.
7. All other terms and conditions for grant and Payment of Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) which are not affected by this order, shall remain unchanged.
8. This may please be given wide publicity.
9. This circular has been uploaded on PCDA (P) website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination across the Defence pensioners and PDAs.
(G K Baranwal)
Dy. Controller (Pensions)
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]