National Council of Education Research and Training Director Recruitment Rules, 2020: Department of School Education and Literacy, MoHRD Notification
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(Department of School Education and Literacy)
New Delhi, the 5th August, 2020
G.S.R. 493(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the National Council of Education Research and Training (Director) Recruitment Rules, 2010, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Director, National Council of Educational Research and Training in the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy, National Council of Education Research and Training (Director) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and pay in the pay matrix. –The number of post, its classification and pay in the pay matrix attached thereto, shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.– The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification. – No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied, that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax. – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving. – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the pay matrix or pay scale||Selection post or Non- selection post||Age limit for direct recruits|
|Rs. 2,10,000 (fixed) + Rs. 5,000
as Special Allowance
|Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.||In case of recruitment by promotion or by deputation/ absorption, grades from which promotion or by deputation/ absorption to be made.|
|By deputation or short-term contract on tenure basis.
Note 1: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately
|Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union Territory or University or recognized research institution or autonomous organization or statutory organization, –|
|preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed five years or up to the age of 65 years of the candidate or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
Note 2: In case a person, whose age of retirement is less than 65 years in his parent organization is appointed as Director, he shall retire on attaining the age of superannuation in his parent organisation.
Note 3: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding 58 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications for those who superannuate on 60 years.
Note 4: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding 60 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications for those who superannuate on 65 years.
|(a) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department;
(ii) with ten years regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in level 14 of the pay matrix [Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200] in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the following experience and qualifications:-
(i) Ten years’ experience as Professor in a recognized University or ten years of experience in a recognized research or academic institution.
(ii) Doctor of Philosophy from a recognised University or Institution;
(iii)Outstanding academic credentials and experience in the field of educational research and training;
(iv)administrative, organisational and leadership capabilities besides wide ranging interest in regard to conduct of research on different aspects of school education from a recognized institution;
(i) Doctor of Philosophy in Education;
(ii) postgraduate degree in Education from a recognised University or Institution in India or abroad;
(iii) proven track record of research and publications in journals of national and international repute (preferably journals of education).
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists what is its composition||Circumstances under which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
|The Search-Cum-Selection Committee shall consist of:
(a) to be nominated by Ministry of Human Resource Development; – Chairperson
(b) two Heads of Institutions of Central Educational Institutions/ Central Universities/ Central Autonomous bodies – to be
nominated by Ministry of Human Resource Development – Members
(c) two eminent educationists from outside Ministry of
Human Resource Development and its subordinate offices – to be nominated by Ministry of Human Resource Development – Members
[F. No. 1-5/2004-Sch.4]
L. S. CHANGSAN, Jt.Secy