Survey Officer, Assistant Survey Officer and Senior Technical Assistant (Survey) Recruitment Rules, 2020
MINISTRY OF MINES NOTIFICATION
New Delhi, the 13th November , 2020.
G.S.R. 728(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Indian Bureau of Mines (Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ posts) Recruitment Rules, 1964 in so far as they relate to the post of Survey Officer, the Indian Bureau of Mines (Senior Technical Assistant (Survey), Junior Technical Assistant (Survey) and Junior Surveyor, Recruitment Rules, 1990 in so far as they relate to the post of Senior Technical Assistant (Survey) and the Indian Bureau of Mines [Junior Technical Assistant (Survey), and Junior Surveyor] Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted (Non-Ministerial) Recruitment Rules, 2007, except as respect things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Survey Officer, Assistant Survey Officer and Senior Technical Assistant (Survey) in Indian Bureau of Mines, Ministry of Mines, namely:–
- Short title and commencement –(1) These rules may be called Ministry of Mines, Indian Bureau of Mines [Survey Officer, Assistant Survey Officer and Senior Technical Assistant (Survey)] Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix-The number of the said posts, their classification and the level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc. -The method of recruitment to the said posts, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto , shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
- Disqualifications .-No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax.-Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules in consultation with the commission with respect to any class or category of persons.
- Saving -Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit, and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of posts.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection or non-selection post.|
|1. Survey Officer.||1(2020) *Subject to variation dependent on workload.||General Central Service Non Ministerial , Gazetted , Group, ‘A’||Level 10 in the pay matrix (Rs.56100- 177500).||Selection post.|
|Age- limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of the promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Two Years||Promotion|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made.|
|Promotion: Assistant Survey Officer in Level 7 in the pay matrix(Rs. 44900-142400) with three years regular service rendered in the grade after appointment thereto on regular basis and have successfully completed four weeks of in-service training in the field of Mines Survey using Differential Global Positioning (DGPS), Total station and processing of the survey data through softwares, creation of dump, stacks, pits, etc in mines conducted by Indian Bureau of Mines or any other recognized Training Institute.
Note : Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion,
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Group “A” Departmental Promotion Committee(for considering promotion) consisting of :-
1. Chairman or Member, Union Public Service Commission-Chairman;
2. Joint Secretary, Ministry of Mines-Member; 3. Superintending Mining Geologist, Indian Bureau of Mines-Member.
Group “A” Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of :-
1. Chief Controller of Mines, Indian Bureau of Mines- Chairman;
2. Chief Mining Geologist, Indian Bureau of Mines -Member;
3. Superintending Officer (Ore Dressing), Indian Bureau of Mines -Member.
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary.|
|2. Assistant Survey Officer.||6(2020) *Subject to variation dependent on workload.||General Central Service Non Ministerial, Gazetted , Group, ‘B’||Level-7 in the pay matrix (Rs.44900- 142400).||Selection post.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Promotion.|