EPFO’s Unified Portal for Principal Employers to view EPF compliances of their Contractors & contract workers. - Implementation on Railways भारत
EPFO’s Unified Portal for Principal Employers to view EPF compliances of their Contractors & contract workers. – Implementation on Railways
भारत सरकार/ GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय/ MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड)/ (RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, Dated: 06.12.2021
The General Managers, Zonal Railways, Production Units,
The Director General, RDSO, Lucknow,
The Director General, NAIR, Vadodara,
Sub: Introduction of EPFO’s Unified Portal for Principal Employers to view EPF compliances of their Contractors & contract workers. – Implementation on Railways – reg.
Please find enclosed herewith a copy of D.O letter No. Vig.1l(02)2021/1910 dated 27.10.2021 with attachments from Chief Vigilance Officer, Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India) regarding registration on EPFO’s Unified Portal. (https:// unifedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/) by the Principal Employers to view EPF compliance of their contractors and contract workers registered with EPFO. A write up on the procedure of registration as Principal employer, adding contractor and employee details, compliance view dashboard for employers is also attached with the d.o. letter.
2. The unified EPFO Portal shall bring transparency in the compliance of the provisions of Employees’ Provident Fund & Misc Provisions Act, 1952, and replace the previous system of having to depend on the physical copies of ECR from contractors to ascertain compliance made by the contractors,which was susceptible to manipulations and forging. Therefore, use of EPFO’s unified Portal will not only ensure that social security benefits are extended to all the eligible contract employees but also act as a preventive vigilance tool to address complaints of malpractices by the contractors.
3. All Zonal Railways, PUs, PSUs and other Railway establishments are advised to implement the EPFO’s Unified Portal initiative and report compliance by 24.12.2021.
DA: As above.
Copy for information and necessary action to:-
1. CMDs/MDs/Equivalent : IRCON, RITES, RVNL,DFCCIL, CONCOR, CRIS,IRCTC,
IRFC, KRCL, MRVC, RCIL, Burn Standard, Braithwaite, NHSRCL, RLDA
2. Directors of All CTis ( IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRIMEE, IRISET, IRITM.
Zonal Railway Training Institute, Sukadia Circle, Udaipur).
3. PED(Accounts), OSD (Accounts),EDCE(G), ED(EnHM), JS, Director (GA), Railway