Revised Emergency Quota Requisition Format and mandatory instructions to release of berths/seats in Train
File No.SCR-COMLOGRES(RR8R)/11/2020-0/o SCM/Resv/PCCM/SCR
Office of the Principal Chief Commercial Manager
South Central Railway, Ministry of Railways, Government of India, Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad-
PCMD, PCSC, PCME, PCOM, PCSO, SDGM, PFA, PCPO, PCE, PCMM, PCSTE, PCEE, MRA
CAO/Const, FA&CAO/Const, CEE/Const, CSTE/Const
Principal Director of Audit, CRS/SC
Director General/IRISET, Director General/IRIFM, Director/CITARA
DRMs/SC, BZA, GTL, HYB, GNT, NED
CWM/WS/ LGD, CWM/S&T/MWS/MFT, CWM/WS/RYP, CWM/WS/TPTY
Sr.DME/DSL/MLY, Sr. DME/DSL/KZJ, Sr. DME/DSL/BZA, Sr.DME/DSL/GTL,Sr.DME/DSL/GY
Sr.DEE/ELS/LGD, Sr.DEE/ELS/KZJ, Sr. DEE/ELS/BZA
Principal/ZRTI/MLY, Principal/STC/LGD, Principal/ETTC/BZA
Chairman/RRB/SC, Addl Registrar/RCT, RGM/RCIL, GGM/IRCTC, GM/RVNL, GM/CRIS, GM/Railtel, C&MD/Concor, Manager/Civil/IRCON, CPM/East/RVNL, CPD/Railway Electrification Organization, GM/Proj./RITES, PCSTE/Projects
GS/SCRMU, SCRES, OBC Association & ZP/AISCTREA
Sub: Revised Emergency Quota Requisition Format and mandatory instructions- Reg
This office is frequently receiving EQ requisitions devoid of mandatory details. Further, few EQ requisitions have been received with proxy signatures of Officers, even with stamps of respective designations affixed. The following mandatory instructions are reiterated for strict compliance, so as to avoid misuse by unscrupulous elements in the name of officers.
1. Telephonic requests through SMS/Whatsapp are not acceptable. The written request for release of berths/seats out of emergency quota must be signed by a Gazetted Officer except when concerned officer/staff or his/her immediate family members are travelling. The officer signing the EQ requisition to ensure credentials of party travelling.
2. EQ requisition to contain Name, Designation and Phone/mobile number of recommending authority and Name, address and Phone/mobile number of any one of the passengers.
3. Every Officer/Section/Federation shall maintain a register containing details of applications of Emergency Quota, in which all such requests shall be diarised indicating all the journey details and also the source from whom the request has been received. The Dairy number of the request entered in the register shall also be indicated on Emergency Quota requisition.
4. Railway officers working in PSUs/Railway associated institutions on Deputation may also specifically mention their Official Railway status for according due importance in allotment. Staff of such PSUs when travelling on-duty to submit copy of ID cards since they are not booked on Duty Passes.
5. Recognized Trade Unions to share details of authorized signatories to this office.
6. Some outsiders tend to send requests through Whatsapp/Mail to Officers. They may be advised about the FAX facility for Headquarters area, which is available round-the-clock (040-27788585)
The other general instructions regarding submission of EQ and revised format for submission of Emergency Quota Requisitions are enclosed herewith. Henceforth, EQ requisitions are required to be submitted in the format enclosed/ contain all the information and details as mentioned in the format. It is requested to circulate the above to all concerned.
This has the approval of PCCM.
Encl: Format (word/PDF)
Digitally Signed by Ramesh Babu
Date: 01-09-2022 12:52:03
DAIRY No. ………
SOUTH CENTRAL RAILWAY
APPLICATION FOR EMERGENCY QUOTA
(RECOMMENDED BY RAILWAY OFFICIAL)
|Train No. & Name|
|Date of Journey|
|No. of Berths/Seats|
|Name of the Passenger|
|Address of the Passenger .|
|Mobile No. of the Passenger(s)|
|I hereby, undertake full responsibility of passenger’s credentials for whom I am recommending for allotment of berth(s)|
Signature & Stamp
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF EQ REQUISITIONS
- The written request for release of berths/seats out of emergency quota must be signed by a Gazetted Officer and above except when the concerned officer/staff or his/her immediate family members are travelling. Since Railway officers do work in PSUs/Railway associated institutions on Deputation, such officers may also specifically mention their Official Railway Status for according due importance during allotment.
- It would be responsibility of the person signing the requisition to ensure the credentials of the party travelling and shall be fully responsible for the same.
- In no case any officer should give the Blank signed requisition forms to his/her personal staff for release of berths out of Emergency Quota. It may be ensured that signatures on the requisition slips are also NOT done in Black ink.
- It may be ensured that all reservation requisition slips contain Name, Designation and Phone/mobile number of the recommending authority and Name, address and Phone/mobile number of any one of the passengers. The relation or reference of the passenger(s) to the Recommending officer should also be mentioned. This information is mandatory, apart from journey details.
- Officers shouldn’t tend to send requests directly to EQ releasing officers/EQ cells.
- Telephonic requests through SMS/WhatsApp shall not be entertained. Only written requests/FAX will be accepted.
- In cases of travel of self/family members of officers/staff on Duty Pass/Privilege Pass/PTO etc, specific reference may be made on the requisition slip, so that due preference can be accorded during allotment of berths/seats.
- In case of Duty passes, designation of Officers/Staff to be specifically mentioned, so as to allot berths in classes according to their status, in case accommodation is allotted in alternate trains/classes.
- In cases of travel of self/family members of officers/staff other than on Pass/PTO specific reference may be made on the requisition slip and copy of ID card of concerned Officer/staff shall also be enclosed to the application, duly covering the details of passenger travelling, so that due preference can be accorded during allotment of berths/seats.
- Every Officer/Section/Federation shall maintain a register containing the details of applications of Emergency Quota, in which all such requests shall be diarised indicating all the journey details and also the source from whom the request has been received. The dairy number of the request entered in the register shall also be indicated on the request for Emergency Quota.
- Individual PSUs/Railway associated organizations may also nominate authorized signatories and communicate to this office, since the designations in PSUs are normally with suffix of Managers, making it difficult to differentiate the identity/status of such signatories. Staff of such PSUs when travelling on-duty to submit copy of ID cards since they are not booked on Duty Passes
- Recognized Trade Unions to share details of authorized signatories and comply the other instructions mentioned herein.
- Few requisitions are being received duly mentioning vaguely as request from Railway Board etc. In case of exigencies when requests from officers of other zones/Railway board are submitted, the details of requesting officer (including designation and contact number) to be specifically mentioned, so as to enable verification of genuinity.
- EQ requests to be sent only through Physical copy or FAX. Outsiders intending to send requests through Whatsapp/Mail to Officers may be advised about the FAX facility for Headquarters area, whichis available round-the-clock through P&T No.040-27788585(Railway No. 88585).
- These instructions to also be followed by Control offices of Departments concerned at Headquarters and Divisions, through whom some officers send requests on Holidays/Weekends.
- The sending of EQ requisitions digitally signed will be highly appreciated
- The timings for submission of EQ requisitions at Hqrs to also be noted.
- For trains leaving between 00.01 hrs& 16.00 hrs- Before 15.00 hrs. on previous Day
- For trains leaving after 16.00 hrs. &upto23.59 hrs- Before 11.00 hrs of Journey Day