Travel entitlement on Passes/PTOs integrated with Class & Booking Codes issued by Commercial Directorate – RBE No.136/2022
भारत सरकार/GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय/MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड) (RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, dated 28.10.2022
The General Managers (Commercial & Personnel)
All Indian Railways and PUs.
Sub : Travel entitlement on Passes/PTOs integrated with Class & Booking Codes issued by Commercial Directorate.
Ref : (i) Board’s letter No. E(W)2016/PS5-1/10 dated 12.07.2017.
(ii) Board’s letter No. E(W)2016/PS5-1/8 dated 31.01.2019.
(iii) Board’s letter No. 2021/TG-I/20/P/2 dated 30.07.2021.
(iv) Board’s letter No. TCII/2910/18/Train18 dated 12.02.2019.
Instructions were issued vide letter cited under Ref.(i) above validating Passes/PTOs in all the trains and stamping the physical Passes on the basis of type of trains viz. Mail/Express or Rajdhani/Duronto type or Shatabdi type. However, with the introduction of E-Pass/PTO Module under HRMS with e-ticket booking facility and issuance of independent Booking Codes for different type of coaches by Commercial Dte, vide their letter cited under Ref.(iii) above, Clarifications are being sought regarding travel entitlement in AC 3-Tier Economy Coach, Vistadome (AC/Non-AC) Coach, Anubhuti Coach, etc. Both the recognised Federations i.e. All India Railwaymen’s Federation and National Federation of Indian Railwaymen have also requested Board to continue the extant travel entitlement based on type of trains.
- Extension of validity of Passes/PTOs consequent to lockdown measures: Railway Board Order RBE No. 43/2021
- Extension of validity of Passes/PTOs consequent to national lockdown: Railway Board Order RBE No. 45/2020
- 7th Pay Commission – Revised pay limits for entitlement of Passes/PTOs: Railway Board RBE No. 120/2019
2. In order to bring in more clarity and to maintain uniformity, it has been decided with the approval of Competent Authority to integrate Commercial instructions with the travel entitlement issued vide Board’s letter cited under Ref.(ii) above. Integrated travel entitlement accordingly framed is enclosed as Annexure-I (for Duty Passes) and Annexure-II (for Privilege/Post-Retirement Complimentary/Widow Passes). In case two types of trains are operated (viz. Rajdhani type Tejas Express train and Shatabdi type Tejas Express train, etc), travel entitlement in such trains will be as per respective type of train. This supersedes all previous instructions regarding travel entitlement on Passes/PTOs.
3. CRIS/PRS and CRIS/HRMS will immediately make necessary modifications in PRS & E-Pass/PTO Module of HRMS, respectively.
4. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Director (Passenger Marketing)-II
Phone No. : 011-23047367
Dy. Director Estt. (Welfare)-I
Phone No. : 011-23047203