The Central board of Secondary Education ( CBSE) has modified its affiliation bye-laws to include school transport precautions. The move was taken up
The Central board of Secondary Education ( CBSE) has modified its affiliation bye-laws to include school transport precautions. The move was taken up to ensure safety of hundreds of school children that use the school transport on daily basis.
According to some of the guidelines issued by the board:
- The exterior of the bus must be painted with uniform colour, preferably Yellow with the name of the school written on both sides of the bus.
- The word ” School Bus” must be written on the back and front of the bus.
- If it is hired bus, “On School Duty” should be clearly indicated.
- Telephone number of the school and telephone number of any contact person shall also have to be written prominently, so that in case of necessity the public can inform the school authority/police or other authorities.
- The windows of Bus should be fitted with horizontal grills and with mesh wire.
- The doors of the Bus should be fitted with reliable locks.
- All buses must be fitted with speed control devices so that they do not exceed the speed limit of 40 Kmph.
- All school buses should also have fire extinguisher.
- There must be a qualified attendant in the bus.
- School buses should also have first aid boxes and to keep the school bags safely, there should be a space fitted under the seats.