No. ITD-CGA/07-11/GPF-MIDS/Pt. file III/
Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure
Office of the Controller General of Accounts
Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market
New Delhi — 110 003
Dated September 14, 2012
As a part of mission towards bringing transparency and strengthening the Information (GPF Module) System of the O/O CGA, this office has decided to expand the e-Samarth application to all PAOs of Civil Ministries, presently running in four PAOs of CISF, Mb o Home Affairs and FAQ (NIC).
2. e-Samarth, a web-based application, follows a very transparent approach in providing a comprehensive resource of GPF-related information through a website open to all account holders and accounting units. All account holders will be able to get the information regarding their GPF accounts directly from internet. The subscribers will be able to view the current status of their request for GPF Withdrawal, Advances, Final Payment, Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (DLIS), and Transfer Out and balances, etc.
3. In the present system of maintenance of GPF accounts, new account number is allotted to the subscriber at the time of his first deduction towards GPF or at the time of his transfer from one office to another either within Ministry or inter-Ministry, resulting in holding of multiple account numbers by a subscriber with a possibility of GPF credits scattered over different accounting Units. In such cases, subscribers do not know what balance is lying in their accounts.
4. In e-Samarth application, a subscriber can view his/her GPF details through a unique number only. It is therefore mandatory to map all his/her existing account numbers through a Unique Key. It has been decided that PAN (allotted by Income Tax Department) would be treated as a Unique Key to map all the account numbers allotted to a subscriber.
5. It is, therefore, compulsory for all the PAOs to first capture the PAN Number details of all the GPF Accounts opened in their COMPACT database and also update their Date of Birth, Date of Joining Govt. Service and Date of Superannuation so that the multiple account numbers of a subscriber could be mapped and unique Id could be allotted. A new upgrade of COMPACT is available at www.pao2000.nic.in. All the PAOs have to upgrade their COMPACT before capturing this information. In order to further facilitate in data entry, a separate off-line utility has also been available at www.pao2000.nic.in. A User-guide for the utility is attached as annexure-1.
6. It is therefore requested to instruct all the PAOs under your control to obtain PAN number and update Account Allotment General Information of all the subscribers under their control latest by 51h October, 2012 so that multiple account numbers of a subscriber could be mapped and unique IDs could be issued to all the Account Holders.
(Alok Kumar Verrna)
Asstt. Controller General of Accounts (ITD)
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.