1. Short title and commencement
(1) These rules may be called the Civilians in Defence Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of January, 2016.
2. Categories of Government servants to whom the rules apply-
(1) Save as otherwise provided by or under these rules, these rules shall apply to persons appointed to civil services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union whose pay is debitable to the Defence Services Estimates.
(2) These rules shall not apply to
(i) Persons locally recruited for services in Diplomatic, Consular or other Indian establishments in foreign countries;
(ii) persons not in whole~time employment;
(iii) persons paid out of contingencies;
(iv) persons paid otherwise than on a monthly basis including those paid only on a piece rate basis;
(v) persons employed on contract except where the contract provides otherwise;
(vi) persons re-employed in Government service after retirement;
(vii) any other class or category of persons whom the President may, by order, specifically exclude from the operation of all or any of the provisions contained in these rules.
3. Definitions- In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
Click here to download full Notification from MoD Website