Stepping up of pay of Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2006 at par with their junior appointed after 01.01.2006 and drawing more pay than the seniors :RBE No.07/2020
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA भारत सरकार
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS रेल मंत्रालय
(Railway Board) रेलवे बोर्ड
New Delhi; dated: 29.01.2020
The General Managers (P)/CAOs,
All Indian Railways
and Production Units etc.
Sub : Stepping up of pay of Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2006 at par with their junior appointed after 01.01.2006 and drawing more pay than the seniors.
The issue of allowing stepping up of pay to senior Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2006 at par with their junior appointed after 01.01.2006 and drawing more pay than the seniors has been under consideration for quite some time pursuant to dismissal of several SLPs on this issue by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in limine at the admission stage itself without going into merit of the case. The Federations have also raised this issue in PNM Forum as well as in DC/JCM Forum (item No.I0/2012) demanding stepping up in such cases due to dismissal of SLPs. In view of the persistent dismissal of the SLPs by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India though without going into merit of the case or disputing any of the statutory provisions in this regard, the Board has considered the matter and with a view to obviate repeated/multiple litigations Board has decided, as a special dispensation, to allow stepping up of pay to senior Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2006 at par with their juniors appointed . after 01.01.2006 who are identically placed to the employees involved in the following cases:-
|SLP(C) No(s).||WP No(s).||Name of the Hon’ble High Court||Name of the applicant(s)|
|1.||4568/2014||3529/2013||Madras||UOI & Ors. Vs. V. Murugesan
|2.||4569/2014||3528/2013||Madras||UOI & Ors. Vs. S. Sakthivel & Ors.|
|3.||20656/2014||1752812013||Madras||UOI & Ors. Vs. A.R.Muz.ammil|
|4.||22931/2014||17145/2013||Madras||UOI & Ors. Vs. M. Thiyagarajan|
|23789/201 9||35569/2013||Andhra Pradesh||UOI& Ors. Vs. P. Amos|
|6.||23788/2019||38421/2018||Andhra Pradesh.||UOI & Ors. Vs. Chedimela Venkata Sridhar & Ors.|
|7.||24512/2019||391 1312018||Andhra Pradesh||UOI & Ors. Vs.Narnburi Surapa Raju & Ors.|
|8.||25587/2019||47740/2018||Andhra Pradesh||UOI & Ors. Vs. B. Ramakrishna
|9.||33654/2014||OP (CAT) No. 225/201 l (Z)||Kerala/ Erakulam||UOJ & Ors. Vs. K.S. Rajendra|
2. Attention is further invited to Board’s letter No.E(NG)I-2019/PM 7/5,dt. 14.1 1.2019 whereby necessary clarifications have been issued with a view to remove the perceived ambiguity in respect of the term “cadre” in context of Loco Running Staff. The Board has further decided that the future cases of stepping up of pay of CL is may be regulated keeping in view the aforementioned clarifications.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Executive Director (PC-I)
New Delhi, dated: 27.01.2020
Copy ( with 40 spares) forwarded to the Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Room No. 222, Rail Bhawan New Delhi.
For Financial Commissioner/Railways
New Delhi, dated:27.01.2020
1. The FA& CAOs, All Indian Railways & Production Units etc.
2. The Chief Commissioner of Railway Safety, 16, Ashok Road, Lucknow.
3. Director General RDSO Lucknow.
4. The Director (a) IRIEEN, Nasik, (b) IRICEN, Pune, (c) IRIMEE, Jamalpur, (d) IRISET, Secunderaabd.
5. The Principal, Railway Staff College,Vadodara.
6. The Chairman RCC Lok Sobha Secretariat, New Delhi.
7. The Chairman RRT, Chennai.
8. The Chairman RCT, Delhi.
9. The Chairman RRB/Ajmer, Ahrnedabad, Allahabad, Bilaspur, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Jammu, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Maida, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi, Secunderabad and Trivandrurn.
I0. The General Manager CORE, Allahabad.
11. The Editor,’Bhartiya Rail’ Room No. 469, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
12. The Editor, ‘Indian Railways’ Room No. 411, Rail Bhawan New Delhi.
13. The Editor, ‘Rail Rajbhasha’ Room No. 543, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
14. The Chairman,Passenger Services Committee, 218, Rail Bhawan,New Delhi.
15. The C.A.0.(R) COFMOW, Tilak Bridge, New Delhi.
16. The Director,CAMTECH/Gwalior .
17. The C.A.Os. (a) MTP(R) Mumbai, (b) MTP(R) Chennai.
18. Office of the Chief Project Administrator (Telecom). Indian Railway Centre Organization for Telecom Consultancy, Shivaji Bridge, New Delhi.
19. The Chief Mining Advisor, Ministry of Railways, Dhanbad.
20. The C.A.O. (Const.) Central Railway, Mumbai.
21. The Director (Movement) Railways/Kolkata.
22. The Gen. Secy., IRCA, DRM Office Complex,State Entry Road, New Delhi.
23. The General Manager, CAO/FOIS Office, Northern Railway, CRIS Camp Chanakayapuri, New Delhi.
24. Mis Bahari Brothers, 742, Lajpat Rai Market, P.O. Box No. 2032, Delhi-06.
Executive Director (PC-I)
New Delhi, dated:i’?.01.2020
(i) The General Secretary, AIRF (with 35 spares).
(ii) The General Secretary, NFIR (with 35 spares).
(iii) The Members of the National Council, Departmental Council and Secretary/ Staff side, National Council, 13-C Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi (with 90 spares).
(iv) The Secretary General, FROA.
(v) The Secretary General, IRPOF.
(vi) The Secretary General, All India RPF Association .
(vii) The Secretary, Indian Railways Class IIOfficers’ Association.
(viii) The Secretary, RBSS, Group A Officers’ Association, Room No.402, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
(ix) The Secretary, Railway Board Group ‘B’ Officers’ Association.
(x) The Secretary, Railway Board Ministerial Staff Association.
(xi) The General Secretary, Non-Ministerial Staff Association, Rail Bhawan.
(xii) The General Secretary, Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Services Association, Rail Bhawan.
(xiii) The Secretary, Railway Board Group ‘D’ Employees Association .
(xiv) The General Secretary, All India SC/ST Railway Employees Association, Room No.8, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
(xv) All India O.B.C. Railway Employee’s Association .
For Secretary, Railway Board