Exclusion from restrictions under Rule 144 (xi) of the General Financial Rules – GFRs, 2017 F.No.6/18/2019-PPD Ministry of Finance Department of Ex
Exclusion from restrictions under Rule 144 (xi) of the General Financial Rules – GFRs, 2017
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Public Procurement Division
161, North Block
23rd July, 2020
Order ( Public Procurement No. 2)
Subject: Exclusion from restrictions under Rule 144 (xi) of the General Financial Rules – GFRs, 2017 -regarding.
In Order (Public Procurement No. 1) dated 23rd July 2020, orders have been issued requiring registration of bidders from a country sharing a land border with India in order to be eligible to bid in public procurement.
2. Notwithstanding anything contained therein, it is hereby clarified that the said Order will not apply to bidders from those countries (even if sharing a land border with India) to which the Government of India has extended lines of credit or in which the Government of India is engaged in development projects.
3. Updated lists of countries to which lines of credit have been extended or in which development projects are undertaken are given in the website of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Joint Secretary (PPD)
Email ID: [email protected],in
(1) Secretaries of All Ministries/ Departments of Government of India for information and necessary action. They are also requested to inform these provisions to all procuring entities.
(2) Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises with a request to immediately reiterate these orders in respect of Public Enterprises.
(3) Chief Secretaries/ Administrators of Union Territories/ National Capital Territory of Delhi.