Rashtriya Raksha University Act, 2020 – No. 31 of 2020 dated 28.09.2020
MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 28th September, 2020/Asvina 6, 1942 (Saka)
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 28th September, 2020 and is hereby published for general information:—
THE RASHTRIYA RAKSHA UNIVERSITY ACT, 2020
NO. 31 OF 2020
[28th September, 2020.]
An Act to establish and declare an institution to be known as the Rashtriya Raksha University as an institution of national importance and to provide for its incorporation and matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventy-first Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. (1) This Act may be called the Rashtriya Raksha University Act, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Whereas the objects of the Rashtriya Raksha University are such as to make it an institution of national importance, it is hereby declared that the Rashtriya Raksha University is an institution of national importance.
3. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Academic Council” means the Academic Council of the University referred to in section 17;
(b) “affiliated college” means an institution recognised as such by the Executive Council in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the Statutes made thereunder;
(c) “college” means an institution maintained by or admitted to the privileges of the University and includes an affiliated college;
(d) “Dean” means the Dean of the University appointed under section 25;
(e) “department” means an academic department of the University;
(f) “distance education system” means the system of imparting education through any means of communication, such as, broadcasting, telecasting, internet, correspondence courses, seminars, contact programmes or the combination of any two or more such modes;
(g) “employee” means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers, other academic and non-academic staff of the University;
(h) “Executive Council” means the Executive Council of the University constituted under section 16;
(i) “Finance Committee” means the Finance Committee of the University constituted under section 19;
(j) “Fund” means the Fund of University referred to in section 31;
(k) “Governing Body” means the Governing Body of the University constituted under section 13;
(l) “notification” means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(m) “Pro Vice-Chancellor” means the Pro Vice-Chancellor of the University appointed under section 23;
(n) “Registrar” means the Registrar of the University appointed under section 24;
(o) “School” means a school of study of the University;
(p) “Statutes” and “Ordinances” mean, respectively, the Statutes and Ordinances of the University made under this Act;
(q) “student” means a student of the University and includes any person who has enrolled for pursuing any course of study in the University;
(r) “teachers” means professors, associate professors and assistant professors appointed or recognised as such by Statutes for the purposes of imparting instruction in the University or for giving guidance for research or rendering assistance to students for pursuing any course of study in the University;
(s) “University” means the Rashtriya Raksha University established under section 4;
(t) “Vice-Chancellor” means the Vice-Chancellor of the University appointed under section 22.
ESTABLISHMENT OF UNIVERSITY
4. (1) The Raksha Shakti University in the State of Gujarat, established under the Raksha Shakti University Act, 2009, shall be established as a body corporate under this Act by the name of Rashtriya Raksha University.
(2) The Rashtriya Raksha University shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The Headquarters of the University shall be at Gandhinagar in the State of Gujarat.
(4) The University may establish and maintain centres and campuses at such other places in India and abroad as it may deem fit.
5. On and from the date of commencement of this Act,—