Junior Accountant Recruitment Rules 2020 in the Department of Telecommunications
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS
(Department of Telecommunications)
(CONTROLLER GENERAL OF COMMUNICATION ACCOUNTS)
New Delhi, the 4th November, 2020
G.S.R. 688(E).– In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Department of Telecommunications , Telecommunications Accounts (Lower Division Clerk, Junior Accountants and Senior Accountants) Recruitment Rules, 1988, in so far as it relates to the post of Junior Accountant except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Junior Accountant, in the Department of Telecommunications, namely:-
- Short title and Commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Communication, Department of Telecommunications, Junior Accountant Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of posts, classification and Level in the pay matrix- The number of posts, its classification and Level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age limit, qualification etc.-The method of recruitment to the said posts, age limit, qualification and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in column (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
- Disqualification.- No person:-
- Who, has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
- Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient to do so, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect of any class or category of persons.
- Saving.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Ex-servicemen, and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in Pay Matrix||Whether Selection post or Non- selection post.||Age limit for direct recruits.|
|Junior Accountant.||215* (2020) *Subject to variation dependent on workload||General Central Service Group- “C”, Non-Gazetted, Ministerial.||Level 5 in pay matrix (Rs. 29,200 – 92,300)||Non-Selection||Between 18 and 27years
(Relaxable for Government servants up to 40 years in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time).
Note: The crucialdate for determining the age limit shall beadvertised by the Staff Selection Commission.
|Educational and other Qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.||No||Two years in case of direct recruits.||(i) 60% by direct recruitment through Staff Selection Commission.
(ii) 20 % by promotion on the basis of Seniority Cum Fitness from Lower Division Clerks (Telecom Accounts) in level of 2 (Rs. 19,900-63,200) in pay matrix with five years of regular service in the grade.
(iii) 20% through a limited departmental competitive examination from Lower Division Clerks (Telecom Accounts) in level of 2 (Rs. 19,900–63,200) in pay matrix with three years of regular service. In the grade.
|In Case of recruitment by promotion or absorption, Grade from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made.||If Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which the Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
|As stated in items (ii) and (iii) of column 10.||Group “C” Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering Promotion) consisting of:-
(1) Joint Controller General of Communication Accounts/Controller of Communication Accounts/ Deputy Director General (National Institute of Communication Finance)/Deputy Director General (Department of Telecom Headquarter) – Chairman. ;
(2) Junior Administrative Grade-level officer in charge of Administration – Member,
(3) Assistant Controller General of Communication Accounts/Deputy Controller of Communication Accounts/Deputy Director (National Institute of Communication Finance)/ Assistant Director General (Department of Telecom Headquarter) – Member
Group “C” Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of;
(1) Joint Controller General of Communication Accounts/ Controller of Communication Accounts/Deputy Director General (National Institute of Communication Finance)/Deputy Director General (Department of Telecom Headquarter) – Chairman;
(2) Junior Administrative Grade-level officer in charge of Administration -Member;
(3) Assistant Controller General of Communication Accounts/ Deputy Controller of Communication Accounts/Deputy Director (National Institute of Communication Finance)/ Assistant Director General (Department of Telecom
[F. No. 25-10-2018/Admin-V]
SANJAY KUMAR , Jt. CGCA, Coordination and Administration