CBSE Toycathon 2021: Circular No.:Acad-02/2021
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
No. : CBSE/DIR/ACAD./2021/
January 8, 2021
All Heads of Schools Affiliated to CBSE
Subject: – Toycathon 2021
Toycathon 2021 is an inter-ministerial initiative organized by the Ministry of Education with the support from All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of MSME, Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Toycathon 2021 is a unique opportunity for Students, Teachers and other staff of CBSE schools to submit their innovative toys / games concepts and to win large number of prizes. Winners of Toycathon 2021 will also get an opportunity to showcase their concepts during ‘India Toy Fair’ starting from 27th February 2021 which will be attended by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
A. FOCUS OF TOYCATHON 2021:
• Toy/Games concepts based on Indian civilization, heritage, culture, mythology, history, ethos, technology, ethnicity, national heroes and important events.
• Inculcate positive behaviour and good values (‘Sanskaar’).
• Toys for specially-a bled/ Divyanga children.
• Boosting physical and mental fitness.
• Using eco-friendly, indigenous, non-hazardous or recycled material.
• Focus on promoting Vedic Mathematics.
• Encouraging national unity and respecting the cultural diversity.
• Supporting missions like Swachch Bharat, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, Environment Conservation, Climate Change, Digital India, Skill India, Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
• Rediscovering and redesigning of traditional Indian toys.
• Toys for pedagogy (for teaching students’ difficult concepts in Math, Science, Languages, Social Sciences, etc.)
• Design should confine to basic toy guidelines issued by Govt. of India. For details, please see the link https://toycathon.mic.gov.in/index.php
B. SCHEDULE AND IMPORTANT DATES OF TOYCATHON 2021:
Further details can also be accessed at:
https:Utoycathon.mi c.gov.in/schedule-i mportant-dates. php
C. REGISTRATION AND TEAM RULES:
Registration is open for the following categories of Participants:
• School Students (8th to 12th Standard)
• School Teachers/Other Staff (Only as Mentors) Schools can register multiple teams.
Team Rules: There can be minimum 3 and maximum 6 members in a team, out of which one student will be the ‘Team Leader’. Team should have one/two teachers as Mentors. However, one student can participate in only one team.
All schools affiliated with CBSE are requested to ensure active participation of students, teachers and staff in the Toycathon 2021.
CBSE 10th 12th Board exams 2021 – CBSE Notification Dtd 31 December 2020
In case of any query, p[email protected] please contact at 011-23231070 or Email