Consolidated instruction on Local officiating arrangements in different grades of Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Services, Group 'A' No. 27-01/2
Consolidated instruction on Local officiating arrangements in different grades of Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Services, Group ‘A’
Government of India (भारत सरकार)
Ministry of Communications (संचार मंत्रालय)
Department of Telecommunications (दूरसंचार विभाग)
Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road,
Sub: Consolidated instruction on Local officiating arrangements in different grades of Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Services, Group ‘A’- Reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to DoT order no. 48-1/2003-SEA dated 06.11.2003 amended from time to time on the above cited subject wherein powers were delegated for making local officiating arrangements in IP&TAFS Group ‘A’ upto JAG level as per the eligibility conditions prescribed by DoT Hq.
2. A committee, to review the existing system of grant of local officiating promotions in IP&TAFS Group ‘A’, was formed vide DoT OM No. 2 7-1/2019-SEA I dated 29 .08.2019. The recommendations of the Committee w. r. t. IP&TAFS Group ‘A’ have been examined in DoT Hq. and it has been decided that the local officiating arrangement in different grades of IP&TAFS Group ‘A’ (upto JAG) will be made under already delegated powers on the basis of eligibility criteria mentioned below –
|SI. No.||Grade||Revised Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Local Officiating Arrangement In JAG||from amongst the Senior most regular STS officers available in the office|
|2||Local Officiating Arrangement In STS||From Direct recruit JTS officers||from amongst the Senior most Direct JTS officers available in the office having three years of regular service including two years of probation.|
|From Promotee JTS officers||from amongst the regular Senior most Promotee JTS officers available in the office.|
|3||Local Officiating Arrangement In JTS||from amongst the regular Senior most Sr. Accounts officers available in the office.|
3. On joining of senior officer who cannot be considered for local officiating arrangement as he/she doesn’t meet the above said eligibility criteria, the junior officer/ officers working in the same office on local officiating basis in that particular grade shall be reverted immediately to his/her/their substantive grade.
4. The local officiating arrangements shall be made in the interest of office against leave and other short-term vacancies of not less than 30 days duration upto a maximum of 180 days. After expiry of 180 days, the local officiating arrangement should be terminated and the officers concerned reverted to their substantive grade.
5. Officer who is not clear from Vigilance angle or otherwise not suitable (for example who has an adverse entry in a recent APAR) should not be given charge on local officiating basis.
6. This is in supersession of earlier orders issued on the subject and will come into force with immediate effect.
(R. C. Kuma )