Deciding of position in merit of compartmental/supplementary examination passed 10th standard candidates in GDS online engagement process
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi -110001
All Chief Postmasters General
The GM CEPT MysurwUnit at Hyderabad
Subject: Deciding of position in merit of compartmental/supplementary examination passed 10th standard candidates in GDS online engagement process-reg.
I am directed to refer to CEPT Unit Hyderabad letter No. EDP/CEPT/Hyd/GDSRect./Cycle III/dlgs/18-19 dated 27.07.2020 on the above noted subject.
2. In this context, it is informed that the matter has been examined. The Competent Authority has approved the following :-
- Criteria for determining the candidature of a GDS candidate when examination conducted for multiple recruitment years: Department of Posts
- Counting of Service rendered as Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) for Grant of Pension – compliance of Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 08.11.2019
- Limited Transfer Facility for all categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS): Department of Posts OM dated 22.01.2020
(i) Total percentage of marks obtained by a candidate, irrespective of whether the candidate has passed the 10% standard in first attempt or in compartmental/supplementary examination, should be taken into account, while calculating the merit list and drawing out selection panel for each GDS post.
(ii) CEPT Unit at Hyderabad will make necessary modification in the existing GDS online engagement software immediately before declaration of results of 3rd Cycle of GDS online engagement process.
(iii) The said modification in deciding of position in merit of compartmental/supplementary passed 10% standard candidates will take effect from 3rd Cycle of GDS online engagement process.
3. lam therefore directed by the Competent Authority to request you to take action accordingly.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)