Department of Space Recruitment Rules, 2020 for Principal Staff Officer in DOS Secretariat DEPARTMENT OF SPACE NOTIFICATION New Delhi, the 18th De
Department of Space Recruitment Rules, 2020 for Principal Staff Officer in DOS Secretariat
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
New Delhi, the 18th December, 2020
G.S.R. 778(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to Group ‘A’ Gazetted post of Principal Staff Officer in Department of Space, namely :-
- Short title and commencement – These rules may be called the Department of Space Recruitment Rules, 2020 for Principal Staff Officer in DOS Secretariat.
They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of posts, classification and Levels in the Pay Matrix – The number of the said post, classification and Levels in the Pay Matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns 2 to 4 of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age limit, qualification, – The method of recruitment, age limit, qualification and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns 5 to 13 of the said Schedule.
- Disqualification – No person , –
- who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living
- who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to any of the said posts :
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
- Saving – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Schedules Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Number of Posts||Classification||Levels in the Pay Matrix||Whether selection or non-selection post|
Principal Staff Officer
General Central Services Group ‘A’ (Gazetted)
Level 13 (Rs. 123100 – 215900) in the Pay Matrix
|Age Limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for directs will apply in the case of promotees.|
|Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the posts to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable||Selection by promotion|
|In case of recruitment by promotion/deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion/ deputation /absorption to be made||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is the composition ?||Circumstances under which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
Senior Principal Private Secretary [L12] who have rendered not less than 5 years regular service in the grade; failing which by promotion of Senior Principal Private Secretary [L12] with 10 years combined regular service in the grade of Senior Principal Private Secretary [L12] and Principal Private Secretary [L11] out of which minimum 3 years shall be in the grade of Senior Principal Private Secretary [L12].
1. Additional Secretary or equivalent grade in DOS/ISRO – Chairman
2. Joint Secretary (Personnel) or equivalent grade in DOS/ISRO–Member
3. Nominee of Department of Personnel and Training – member
4. Scientific Secretary, ISRO – Member
5. Mandatory Representatives
|Department of Space is exempted from consultation with the Union Public Service Commission|
[F.No. A.12012/2/2003-I (Vol.II)]
SANDHYA VENUGOPAL SHARMA, Jt. Secy.