Deputy Superintendent of Police Recruitment Rules 2021 - Police Department, Union territory of Chandigarh MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS New Delhi, the 21
Deputy Superintendent of Police Recruitment Rules 2021 – Police Department, Union territory of Chandigarh
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 21st January, 2021
G.S.R. 05.— In exercise of powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Punjab Police Service Rules, 1959 in so far as they relate to filling up the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police, for the union territory of Chandigarh except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police in the Police Department, Union territory of Chandigarh under the Ministry of Home Affairs, namely :–
1. Short Title and Commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Police Department, Union territory of Chandigarh Recruitment Rules, 2021. (2) They shall come into force from the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and scale of pay. – The number of post, its classification and scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
(1) the authorised strength of the cadre, i.e. Deputy Superintendent of Police, shall be 23 which includes, existing 14 posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police, and 07 posts of India Reserve Battalion plus 01 ex-cadre post (Officer on Special Duty – Deputy Superintendent of Police – Vigilance) plus 01 ex-cadre post (District Commandant Home Guards). These 09 posts (07 India Reserve Battalion + 02 ex-cadre) will be en-cadred into the grade of Deputy Superintendent of Police from the date of Notification of these rules;
(2) the Cadre Authority may alter the authorised strength, as it may deem necessary from time to time, depending on variation in the work load.
3. Exclusion of duty posts from the cadre. – Any duty posts in the grade may be declared by the Cadre Authority to be excluded from the cadre, if such post is required, for the time being, to be filled in by the appointment of persons possessing special or technical qualification or experience.
4. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc.- The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
5. Disqualification. – No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
6. Initial Constitution. – Notwithstanding anything contained in the provisions of these rules, persons holding the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in the Union territory of Chandigarh, under provisions of the Punjab Police Service Rules, 1959 shall be deemed to have been appointed to the posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police in accordance with the provision of these rules. The regular service rendered by the incumbent Deputy Superintendent of Police in Chandigarh Police under Chandigarh Administration appointed in accordance with the provisions of the Punjab Police Service Rules 1959, shall be counted in order to maintain seniority at the time of commencement of these rules.
7. Power to Relax. – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
8. Savings. –
(1) Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
(2) Nothing in these rules shall affect the promotions to the grade of Deputy Superintendent of Police, outside the promotion quota vacancies i.e. by way of utilisation of the sanctioned posts of the India Reserve Battalion, as duty posts, in the grade of Deputy Superintendent of Police. However, after coming into force of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Police Department, Union territory of Chandigarh Recruitment Rules, 2021, all the posts outside the promotion quota, shall be restored to the prescribed quota, immediately, after it is vacated by the promotee officer.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Pay Band and
Scale of Pay plus
|PB-3 (Rs. 15,600-
39,100 + Rs.
selection or nonselection post
|Educational and other
qualifications required for
|Whether age and
prescribed for direct
recruits will apply in the
case of promotees
|Period of probation, if
|Method of recruitment,
whether by direct recruitment
or by deputation/absorption
and percentage of the
vacancies to be filled by
|Selection.||Not applicable.||Not applicable||Not applicable||Two years||(i) 70 per cent. by
(ii) 30 per cent. by
|In case of recruitment by promotion or
deputation/absorption, grades from
which promotion or
deputation/absorption to be made.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists,
what is its composition.
|Circumstances in which
Union Public Service
Commission to be
consulted in making
Inspectors of Chandigarh Police in Pay Band-2 (Rupees 9300-34,800) plus Grade Pay of Rupees 4800 with six years of regular service in the grade, and having successfully completed two weeks training as prescribed by the department.Note:
Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
(a) holding analogous posts or equivalent posts on regular basis in the posts in Pay Scale of Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400 in Pay Band – 3 or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) possessing three years
Note 1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall not be exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|Group ‘A’, Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:-
1. Chairman or Member, Union Public Service Commission – Chairman;
Group ‘A’, Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:-
1. Advisor to the Administrator, Union territory Chandigarh – Chairman;
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary on each occasion.|
Explanatory Note – The sanctioned posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police, sanctioned from time to time were included in the cadre posts and the number of such cadre posts remains 14. In addition, 01 ex-cadre post (DSPOSD-Vigilance), 01 ex-cadre post (District Commandant Home Guards) and 07 posts of Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) were also sanctioned by the competent authority, in the grade of Deputy Superintendent of Police, on different occasions. It was, by view of interim arrangements that such posts, outside the cadre posts, were also utilized by the Union territory Administration for filling up on promotion basis, under the Punjab Police Service Rules, 1959 without any amendment in the statutory rules.
2. The total sanctioned strength of the cadre posts, in the grade of the Deputy Superintendent of Police shall be 23 from the date of publication of this notification in official Gazette, as explained above.
B.G. KRISHNAN, Dy. Secy. (Services)