Collection of various types of fee: SB Order 01/2021 for clarification on fee for Post Office Saving Bank Cheque book
S.B. Order 01/2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: – 09.04.2021
Al l Head of Circles/Regions,
Subject:- Collection of various types of fee prescribed in GSPR-2018 under Schedule II regarding.
Kindly refer to the SB Order No. 03/2020 dated 10.01.2020 and SB Order No. 01/2021 dated 23.02.2021 on the subject cited above.
2. This office has been receiving references from Circles and customer regarding collection of fee on issuance of POSB Cheque book above 10 free cheques in a calendar year as per fee prescribed in GSPR-20 1 8, Schedule II.
3. The issue was taken up with nodal Ministry (DEA/MoF) to re-examine the fee collection keeping in view of the existing stock of POSB cheque books containing 20 leaves. Keeping in view of operational difficulties and public inconveniences, vide O.M. No. 1/3/2021-NS dated 05.04.2021 Ministry of Finance has agreed that till the existing. stock of 20 leaves cheque book exhausted in the post office, one 20 leave cheque book may be issued to POSB account holders i n a calendar year free of cost.
4. If 10 leaves cheque book is in the stock of any post office, such post office will supply only one 10 leave cheque book free of cost in a calendar year to the account holder. Thereafter charges as prescribed in GSPR-2018, Schedule II is to be collected for each cheque book.
5. Further, any issue of refund of charges already collected, for issue of POSB cheque books will not be considered.
6. It is requested to circulate this amendment to all Post Offices for information, guidance and necessary action.
6. This issues with approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB)
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
- PS to Director General Postal Services.
- PPS/ PS to Addi. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/ Member (0)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & H RD)/ Member (PU)/ Member (Tech)/AS & FA
- Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PA F)
- Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs.
- Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP.
- Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
- Al Sections of Postal Directorate
- All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
- GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Dy. Director (CEPT) for information and configuration in Finacle accordingly.
- MOF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
- Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi- 110002
- ADG, OL Section, Dak Bhawan for Hindi Translation of this SB Order.
- Guard File
- Spare copies.
Source: Click here to view/download PDF