Preventive measures to contain COVID-19 : Deptt. of Posts order dated 16th April 2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dated: 16th April, 2021
All Chief Postmasters General / Regional PMsG
Director RAKNPA/ All DirectorsPTCs
All GM/ DA(P)
Subject: Preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID19
This is in continuation of this division’s letters number 27-17/ 2018-PO dated 18th March 2020, 27- 20/ 2018- PO dated 19th March and 27- 20/ 2018- PO dated 20th March 2020 (copies enclosed) on the above mentioned subject.
2. In view of the fresh surge in COVID-19 cases, in some parts of the country, and in light of the guidelines for effective control of COVID-19 issued vide order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 23rd March 2021 (copy enclosed) by Ministry of Home Affairs, the following guidelines are highlighted to prevent the spread of COVID in the field Units(further detailed guidelines attached for appropriate action) –
- All necessary measures shall be taken to promote COVID-19 appropriate behavior. Strict enforcement of wearing of face masks, hand hygiene and social distancing, prohibition of spitting at office premises/ public places efc. must be ensured.
- All the officers/ officials should invariably follow the instructions/ guidelines issued by Central Government, State Government and Local Administration on the subject.
- All the employees of the age of 45 years and above are advised to get themselves vaccinated.
- Meetings, as far as feasible, shall be dona through video conferences. Minimize or reschedule meetings involving large number of people unless necessary.
- Employees who are symptomatic or whose family members have been tested
- COVID 19 positive are required to follow applicable COVID protocol of self isolation/quarantine and testing. They should keep their controlling officer informed in this regard.
- While Post Offices and RMS Offices do come under essential services, it is also clarified that a judicious balance should be maintained, keeping in view, the interest of staff and difficulties being faced by them and the prevailing situation in the state.
- CPMsG and Regional PMsG may take a comprehensive decision on the instructions issued on the subject by Central/ State/ Local Government.
3. The above instruction shall be circulated to all the concerned.
4. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Encl: as above
Assistant Director General(PO)
CGM CEPT for information and to upload the same on the India Post website.
CGM BD/Parcel Directorate/PLI/AS&FA/Sr. DDG(PAF)