Lokpal (Court Master) Recruitment Rules, 2021 MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS (Department of Personnel and Training) NOTIFICA
Lokpal (Court Master) Recruitment Rules, 2021
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 30th December, 2021
G.S.R. 913(E).—In pursuance of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 10 read with section 59 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 (1 of 2014), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Court Master in the Lokpal, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Lokpal (Court Master) Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification, level in the pay matrix.– The number of post, its classification, and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.– The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.– No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Savings.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Schedule Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time-to-time, in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of posts.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non- selection post.|
*subject to variation dependent on workload.
|General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non- Ministerial.||Level – 11 (Rs. 67,700-2,08,700) in the pay matrix.||Not applicable
|Age-limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||By deputation/ absorption.|
Read also: Lokpal (Finance and Account) Rules, 2020
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be
consulted in making recruitment.
|Deputation/absorption: Officers of the Central Government or public sector undertakings or statutory bodies or judicial or quasi-judicial bodies,—
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) at least six years combined regular service rendered in level-8 (Rs.47600-151100) in the pay matrix and above in the parent cadre or department; or
(iii) at least eight years combined regular service in level-7 (Rs. 44900- 142400) in the pay matrix and above in the parent cadre or department, and
(b) possessing Degree of Law from a recognised University in India, and
(c) proficiency in Shorthand (English) with a speed of 120 words per minute, and knowledge of computer operations with a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
Note 1: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation/Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed four years.
Note 2: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation/ absorption shall not exceed fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|Group ‘A’ Departmental Committee (for considering deputation/ absorption) consisting of:-
1. Secretary, Lokpal– Chairperson;
2. Joint Secretary, Lokpal– Member;
3. Deputy Secretary, Lokpal– Member.
[F. No. 407/20(1)/2021-AVD-IV(LP)]
RAHUL SINGH, Jt. Secy.
Source: DoPT PDF