Bye—Elections in 6 Assembly Constituencies of Odisha, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh and 1 (one) Parliamentary Constituency of Uttar Pradesh – Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll
F. No. 12/1/2022-JCA
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 18th November, 2022
Subject: Bye—Elections in 6 Assembly Constituencies of Odisha, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh and 1 (one) Parliamentary Constituency of Uttar Pradesh – Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll – regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that, as informed by the Election Commission of India, vide their letter No. 78/EPS/2022 dated 14.11.2022, Bye-Elections in 6 Assembly Constituencies of Odisha, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Uttar Pradesh and 1 (one) Parliamentary Constituency of Uttar Pradesh, are scheduled to be held as under:-
Schedule for Bye-Elections in Parliamentary Constituency announced by the Election Commission of India is as under:
|S. No.||Name of the State||Parliamentary Constituency No. and Name||Date of Poll||Day|
|1.||Uttar Pradesh||21-Mainpuri (PC)||05.12.2022||Monday|
Schedule for Bye-Elections in Assembly Constituencies of various States announced by the Election Commission of India is as under:
|S. No.||Name of the State||Assembly Constituency No. and Name||Date of Poll||Day|
2. In this regard, it is stated that the guidelines have been issued by this Department, vide OM No. 12/14/99-JCA, dated 10.10.2001, regarding closure of Central Government Offices and grant of paid holiday to all concerned, including the daily wage/casual workers, on the date of general-election. It is reiterated that all the Central Government Offices and the Central Industrial Establishments, shall remain closed in the notified areas, where general-election to the Parliamentary Constituency and State Legislative Assembly Constituencies are to be conducted, on the date of Poll. The employees concern shall be granted paid holiday on the date of Poll to enable them to exercise their right to vote.
3. The above instructions may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. Hindi version will follow, 2D L
(Sitansu Mohan Routray)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Ministries / Departments of Government of India.
2. UPSC/CVC/C&AG/Lok Sabha Secretariat/Rajya Sabha Secretariat/ President’s Secretariat /Vice President’s Secretariat/PM’s Office/Supreme Court/ High Court of Uttar Pradesh/High Court of Odisha/High Court of Rajasthan/High Court of Bihar and High Court of Chhattisgarh.
3. All attached and subordinate offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions / MHA.
4, Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi.
5. Chairmen/Secretaries, Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee, in the State of Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Bihar and Chhattisgarh.
6. National Commission for Scheduled Castes/National Commission for Scheduled Tribes/ National Commission for Backward Classes.
7. The Chief Secretary of the State Government of Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Bihar and Chhattisgarh.
8. The Election Commission of India, New Delhi -w.r.t. letter no. 78/EPS/2022 dated 14.11.2022.
9. Hindi Section, DoPT — with the request to provide the Hindi Translation.