Loss and Fraud Cases in the Department of Posts – Revision of sanctioning limits related to claim cases arising out: Order dated 05.06.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi — 110001.
All Heads of Postal Circles/Regions.
Subject: Regarding revision of sanctioning limits related to claim cases arising out of Loss and Fraud Cases in the Department of Posts.
The limits to sanction the claim cases, by the Divisional Heads (irrespective of class of Division) and Gazetted Postmasters Gr. A, arising out of loss and frauds, were last revised to Rs.5000/- vide this office letter no. 8-5/2003-Inv.(Pt) dated 5/6.6.2003.
2. A need for revising the aforesaid limit was felt and accordingly the same stands revised with the approval of the Competent Authority, as below:
- Limits to sanction claims by the Divisional Heads, irrespective of class of Division, shall be Rs.25,000/- from present Rs. 5,000/- in each case, regardless of the status of the Divisional Superintendents and regardless to the aspect of recovery of the loss subject to the condition that the sanctioning authority has to ensure that there is no negligence on the part of the defrauded person in contributing the fraud and also that settlement of claim will not cause any hindrance in concluding the inquiry and fixing responsibility.
- Chief Postmasters, Deputy Chief Postmasters (equivalent to the rank of Divisional Head) and Sr. Postmasters [other than officiating DPM/APM] shall also enjoy the powers of the Divisional Head for this purpose in respect of the claims pertaining to the concerned HO/GPO.
- The powers to sanction claims involving above Rs. 25,000/- in each case without any upper limit will be with Regional Director /DPS (HQ)/PMG/CPMG, as the case may be.
3. These powers will be personally exercised by the Concerned Authority.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No. 29/2023-24/FA-CS(P) dated 05.06.2023.
(Abhishek Kumar Singh)