To avail CGHS benefits either for Parents or Parents-in-law – Option for Central Government Employees vide CGHS OM e-signed on 26.07.2023
File No. H.11020/2/2023-EHS (Computer No. 8210227)
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate of CGHS
CGHS Bhawan, RK Puram
Sector-13, New Delhi
Dated July, 2023.
Sub: Option for Central Government Employees to avail CGHS benefits either for their Parents or Parents -in-law – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the Office memorandum No. 4(1)-18/63-H, dated 03.03.1987, issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, whereby a female Central Government employee was given the choice to include either her parents or parents-in-law for the purpose of availing the benefits under Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) subject to the conditions of dependence and residence, etc., being satisfied.
2. The matter has been reviewed and the undersigned is directed to convey the approval of Competent Authority to say that hereinafter, both male and female Central Government employees will have the choice to include either their parents or parents-in-law for the purpose of availing the benefits under CGHS subject to the conditions of dependence and residence, etc., being satisfied.
3. The contents of Para 2 above shall be added to the definition of the term ‘Family’ for CGHS benefits.
4. This OM shall supersede all other OMs issued in relation to this subject.
[ Dr Manoj Jain ]
1 All Ministries / Departments, Government of India
2 Additional Director, CGHS(HQ) /Adl.DDG(HQ)
3. All Additional Directors /Joint Directors of CGHS cities outside Delhi
4 All Pay & Accounts Officers under CGHS
5 Additional Director (SZ)/ (CZ)/(EZ)/(NZ), CGHS, New Delhi
6 JD (Gr.)/JD(R&H), CGHS Delhi
7 CGHS Desk-I/Desk-II/CGHS-I/CGHS-II, Dte.GHS, Nirman Bhawan. New Delhi
8 Estt.I/ Estt.II/ Estt.III/ Estt.IV Sections, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
9 Admn.I / Admn.II Sections of Dte.GHS
10 Rajya Sabha / Lok Sabha Secretariat
11 Registrar, Supreme Court of India /Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
13 Finance Division
14 Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training,
5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi.
15 PPS to Secretary (H&FW)/ Secretary(HR)/ , Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
16 PPS to SS&DG /SS&MD, NRHM / AS (H) /DGHS
17 Secretary, Staff Side, 13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
18 All Staff Side Members of the National Council (JCM) (as per list attached)
19 Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
20 All Offices / Sections / Desks in the Ministry
21. Nodal Officer, MCTC, CGHS with a request to upload a copy of OM on CGHS Web-site
22. Office Order folder