Pension Module for PAOs in PFMS Portal — Online Return process of pension cases from CPAO to PAO: User manual and important instructions with regard to new development by CGA, FinMin OM dated 15.09.2023
No. 1-95/4/2020-1TD-CGA (E 994) /273-313
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts
PFMS Division (GIFMIS)
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi
Subject: Important instructions with regard to new development in Pension Module for PAOs in PFMS Portal — Online Return process of pension cases from CPAO to PAO
The undersigned is directed to refer to the subject cited above and to inform that the process flow for the online return of pension cases from CPAO to PAO through the Pension module at PFMS has been developed and deployed.
2. Presently, pension case forwarded by Head of Office (HOO) through Bhavishya land in PFMS Pension Module at DH level for checking in “Pension >>Manage Pensioner” menu. After passing the pension cases at all levels i.e, DH, AAO and PAO, PAO allots PPO number and digitally sign the e-PPO. Thereafter, PAO verifies digitally signed ePPO and submits it to CPAO online. PAO has to send physical PPO booklet with attachment and PDF of ePPO to CPAO for further processing at CPAO.
3. In the existing scenario, after verification of case at CPAO, CPAO issues e-SSA and forward the same to Bank for payment. In case of any mistake found in e-PPO or physical PPO, CPAO returns pension case back to PAO through offline mode and deletes the pension in their system. PAO has to take corrective action at their end if errors are in PPO Booklet and forward the case back to CPAO and also re-upload e-PPO to CPAO in their Login. If any mistake is found in e-PPO, then the case needs to be returned to HoO i.e. Bhavishya and for this purpose DSC needs to be reverted back. Presently, DSC is being reverted at CGA office and for this purpose, a request is required to be forwarded by PAO to CGA office. This process is done offline mode and takes time.
4. To obviate problems and reduce the time period, this office and CPAO have jointly developed an online revert process flow of pension cases from CPAO to PAO and DSC reversion of Pension cases, if required, at PAO office itself. As and when, CPAO returns the pension case back to PAO, the same will now be available in PAO Login in Pension Menu at Pension =>e-PPO=> e-PPO returned by CPAO. PAO has to check the reason for return of Pension case and if errors are in physical PPO booklet or errors are in e-PPO or complete case is wrong, PAO has to take action accordingly, i.e., where errors are only in physical booklets, PAO may re-upload e-PPO after rectifying errors in physical booklet and forward the case to CPAO.
5. If errors are in e-PPO or complete case is wrong, PAO has to take action in initiating DSC reversion available at Pension =>e-PPO=> e-PPO returned by CPAO. After initiation by PAO, case will land at DH login for processing of DSC reversion with all validation. DH will check the case and forward the same to AAO, AAO will verify the case and forward the same to PAO. PAO will revert the DSC and case will be available at PAO login in Pension =>Utilities=>Return case to PAO Login. After taking action in this menu, PAO will again pass the case from Manage Pension case in pension module and take necessary action for re-DSC or returning case back to HoO for rectification of errors.
6. Important Instructions before processing of DSC reversion:
(i) Initiation of re-upload or DSC reversion is to be initiated only after receipt of physical booklets from CPAO and pensioner.
(ii) Revision cases available at any level in DH, AAO or PAO must be reverted back to HoO prior to DSC reversion of pension case.
(iii) Sanctions/bills pending at any level i.e., DDO, DH, AAO or PAO level must be permanently canceled prior to DSC reversion.
(iv) Payment of sanctions i.e., Gratuity, Commutation, Withheld Gratuity, if done through sanction module, must be entered at DH level with complete details i.e., Bill Number, Bill Date, Voucher Number and Voucher Date.
(v) Recovery of paid amount, if any, must be entered at DH level with complete details i.e., Challan Number, Challan Date, Scroll Number and Scroll Date. Total amount must be recovered and partial recovered amount will not allow DSC reversion at PAO login.
7. The User Manual for the aforementioned development is attached for information and strict adherence, please.
8. This issue with the approval of Competent Authority
Encl: As above
Dy. Controller of Accounts (GIFMIS)
View/Download the PDF