During the rally in Jhajjar district on 16-May-2012 Army Chief General VK Singh stated following facts regarding One-Rank-One-Pension and welfare of Ex-servicemen
1. The anomalies concerning the ex-servicemen which emerged after implementation of the sixth pay commission recommendations have been sent to the Defence Ministry for their quick redressal. Recently, General Singh had addressed a gathering of ex-servicemen in Haryana’s Gurgaon where he had said that after the sixth pay commission, 46 anomalies were discovered which were causing losses to the ex-servicemen and had been put before the government.
2. The issue of One Rank-One Pension is under consideration of the Government.
3. The government is sensitive to the needs of the retired soldiers.
4. It is the duty of the Army to take care of the dignity and welfare of ex-servicemen, war widows and their family members.
5. Ex-servicemen are the legacy of our country and the fame of the Indian Army is only because of their efforts.
6. Rallies are being organised all over the country and the aim of such rallies is to redress their grievances and to take care of their health and meet their needs.
7. Keeping in view the welfare and honour of ex-servicemen, war widows and their families, the year 2012 has been declared as the year of Ex-Servicemen Welfare. Under this initiative, for the redressal of their grievances an ex-servicemen cell has been set up and it is headed by a retired brigadier level officer. Now, the ex-servicemen could register their complaints on the toll free number 1800-111-6644 of the cell, they could also enquire about the redressal by calling on the same number.
Source: Zee News [http://zeenews.india.com/news/haryana/pay-anomalies-concerning-ex-servicemen-sent-to-def-min_775737.html]