STATEMENT REFERRED TO IN REPLY TO LOK SABHA STARRED QUESTION NO. 117 FOR 17TH AUGUST, 2012
- Computerization to improve better inventory management and availability of medicines at CGHS Wellness Centres. Based on computer data, 272 commonly indented medicines are procured from manufacturers at discounted rates and make them available at Wellness Centres.
- Portability of CGHS cards at any dispensary all over the country.
- Issue of medicines for three months in cases of chronic illnesses.
- Appointment of Medical officers on contract basis as an interim measure to tide over shortage of doctors.
- Receipt of medical claims of pensioners at Dispensary level and proper verification of documents by CMO i/c to ensure that all required documents are submitted.
- Enhancement of financial powers of Addl. Directors upto Rs.5 Lakhs for speedy settlement of medical claims of pensioners.
- Regular meetings undertaken by Addl. Directors with CMOs i/c to ensure smooth functioning of Wellness Centres for better delivery of services.
- Reimbursement from two sources – i.e., from CGHS as well as medical insurance in respect of beneficiaries holding mediclaim policies.
- Formation of Standing Technical Committees for examination of requests for full reimbursement.
- Settlement of hospital bills of empanelled hospitals and diagnostic centres through UTI-ITSL for early settlement of claims to ensure that the empanelled hospitals provide credit facility to pensioners , etc.,
- Pensioner CGHS beneficiaries residing in non-CGHS areas are permitted to avail IPD and follow up treatment from CS (MA)/ ECHS empanelled hospitals with prior permission from CGHS.
STARRED QUESTION NO 117 by Shri JADHAV PRATAPRAO GANPATRAO & PURNMASI RAM
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:-
of a large number of Central Government employees with the services provided by
the Government under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS);
the details thereof and the reasons therefor and the remedial measures taken by
the Government in this regard;
steps to increase the financial resources to improve the health facilities so as
to meet the requirements of the CGHS patients in getting proper treatment;
Government to improve the health care services to the people all over the
ANSWERED ON 17.08.2012
ANSWER by MINISTER OF THE STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE (SHRI
GHULAM NABI AZAD)
(a)to(d): A statement is laid on the Table of the
House. (please see top)
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.