Railways to Launch Ticket Booking through Non-Internet based Mobile Phones with Effect from 1st July 2013
The salient features of this new scheme to be operationalised on1st July, 2013 are:
- There will be a dedicated number on which SMS can be sent.
- No need of internet at any stage viz. booking, payment, cancellation etc.
- One has to register the mobile number with IRCTC as well as one’s bank. The Bank (one time password) for authorization of payment.
- The passenger has to type the train number, destination, journey date, class and passenger details like name, age and gender on the SMS box.
- The sender will receive transaction ID and then make payment through sending another SMS by typing PAY followed by the transaction ID, MMID as received from the bank and password.
- On successful booking of ticket, message will be sent to the user by IRCTC which will suffice as valid authority to travel along with photo ID card in original.
- Cancellation of tickets can also be done through the cancellation option available.
- The scheme will be on pilot basis and will not be available during the 8 am – 12 pm for booking ARP/Tatkal/General tickets.
(Release ID :96586)
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.