The 46th Session of the Indian labour Conference is being held on July 20-21, 2015 in New Delhi.
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Labour & Employment
17-July-2015 19:56 IST
46th Session of Indian Labour Conference on July 20-21, 2015 in New Delhi
The 46th Session of the Indian labour Conference is being held on July 20-21, 2015 in New Delhi. The Prime Minister will inaugurate the Conference, dedicate National Career Service (NCS) Portal and will launch ESIC 2.0:Reform Initiatives of ESIC.Shri Arun Jaitley,Union Minister of Finance will be the Guest of Honour.
As a prelude to the Indian Labour Conference, meeting of Standing Labour Committee(SLC) takes place which reviews the Action Taken Report of the conclusions of the preceding labour conference and also decides upon the agenda item of the forthcoming Indian Labour Conference. The 46th Session of the SLC held in January,2014 set the agenda which was again fine-tuned in 47th Session of the SLC under the Chairmanship of Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge) here on 10th July,2015.The shortlisted agenda include-
- Implementation of the conclusions/ recommendations of the 43rd, 44th and 45th Indian Labour Conference, particularly on Contract Labour, Minimum Wages and Scheme Workers and Tripartite Mechanism,
- Social Security for the workers both in organized and unorganized sector,
- Amendment of Bonus Act – Removal of conditions on payment ceiling, eligibility limits, decisions to pay minimum bonus without linking to loss when the performance indicator satisfy grant of bonus,
- Labour Laws amendments proposed/done either by the Central or State Governments and
- Employment and Employment Generation
The ESIC 2.0:Reform Initiatives of ESIC too will be dedicated.The Health Reform Initiative is a comprehensive package meant to transform the Public Service Delivery System in ESIC through effective use of Information and Communication Technology.
The Ministry of Labour and Employment is implementing the National Career Service (NCS) Project by transforming Employment Exchange processes to Career Centers. A portal developed with key functionalities associated with the employment exchange processes (including online registration, career counseling, job matching etc.) will also be launched.
The conference will be attended by Labour Ministers,Labour Secretaries,Labour Commissioners of all State Governments ,Union Territory Administrations, several Central Ministries, Departments and senior leaders of the Central Organisations of Employees and Workers.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]