Revision of pension of pre-2006 Commissioned Officer pensioners/Family pensioners: PCDA Circular No. 548
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 548
Subject:- Revision of pension of pre-2006 Commissioned Officer pensioners/Family pensioners.
Reference:- This office circular No. 397 dated 18.11.2008 and last amendment vide made vide this office Circular No. 452 dated 21.02.2011 ,No. 453 dated 22.02.2011 Circular No. 500 dated 17.01.2013 and circular no 24 dt 11.09.2015
2. In this context, please refer to the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 11.11.2008 as amended, issued in implementation of government decision on the recommendations of the sixth CPC for revision of pension/ family pension in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forces pensioner/Family pensioners. As per provisions contained in Para 5 therein ,with effect from 01.01.2006 revised pension and revised ordinary family pension of all Pre-2006 Armed Forces pensioners/Family pensioners determined in terms of fitment formula laid down in Para 4.1 of above said letter dated 11.11.2008, shall in no case be lower than fifty percent and thirty percent respectively, of the minimum of the pay band plus the Grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired / discharged/ invalided out/ died including Military Service Pay and ‘X’ Group Pay, where applicable.
3. The above minimum guaranteed pension was revised,vide Ministry’s letter No. 1(11)/2012/D(Pen/Pol) dated 17.01.2013
with effect from 24.09.2012 (circulated vide circular No 500 dated 17.01.2013
), at the rate of minimum of fitment table for the Rank in the revised pay band as indicated under fitment tables annexed with SAI 2/8/2008 and SAI 4/8/2008 as amended plus Grade Pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired / discharged/ invalided out/ died including Military Service Pay.
4. After issue of GOI, Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensioners, Department of Pension Pension Welfare letter No. 38/37/08-P & PW (A) dated 30.07.2015, it has been decided that the pension/family pension of all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners may be revised in accordance with Para 2 of GOI, MOD letter dt-17.01.2013 with effect from 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012.
5. In case, the consolidated pension/ family pension calculated as per Para 4.1 of Ministry’s letter No.17(4)/2008(1)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 11.11.2008 is higher than the pension/ family pension calculated in the manner indicated above, the same (higher consolidated pension/family pension) will be continued to be treated as basic pension/ family pension.
6. Accordingly, revised tables indicating minimum guaranteed pension/ ordinary family pension for lCOs annexed with GOI, MOD letter No. 1(11)/2012-D(Pen/ Policy) dated 17.01.2013(circulated vide this office circular No 500 dated 17.01 .2013) shall be effective with effect from 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012. Therefore, minimum guaranteed pension as shown to Annexure of Gol, MoD letter dt 17.01.2013 shall be payable w.e.f. 01.01.2006, except Annexure “B” and Annexure “F” which has been modified vide Annexure “B” and Annexure “C” of this office circular No 24 dt 11.09.2015 (bearing File No G1/M/01/COS/NPA/RO/-III dt 11.09.2015) which shall be paid according to revised Annexure w.e.f. 01.01.2006(in spite of 24.09.2012 as mentioned in this office circular No. 24 dt 11.09.2015)
7. Pension Disbursing Authorities are hereby authorized to step up the pension/family pension of the affected Pre-2006 pensioners with effect from 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012 and arrear of pension/ family pension shall be paid, if any.
8. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
9. The provisions of this letter shall take effect from 01.01 .2006 and arrears, if any, shall be allowed from 01.01.2006 to 23.09.2012 and thereafter as per this office circular 500 dated 17.01.2013
10. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdagension.nic.in for dissemination across the Defence Pensioners and PDAs.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]