Scheme for promotion of Adventure Sports and similar activities amongst Central Government Employees.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 04th December, 2015
Sub: Scheme for promotion of Adventure Sports and similar activities amongst Central Government Employees.
The undersigned is directed to enclose herewith a copy of the Scheme for promotion of Adventure Sports and similar activities amongst Central Government Employees with the request that the contents of the Scheme may please be disseminated amongst the employees who are eligible to avail the benefits of the Scheme.
2. The details of the programmes etc. will be circulated/placed on the website of the Department of Personnel & Training separately.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India.
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, the 4th December, 2015.
SCHEME FOR PROMOTION OF ADVENTURE SPORTS & SIMILAR ACTIVITIES AMONGST CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Background : The Department of Personnel and Training recognizes that welfare of employees is one of the prime tasks of personnel management and sports activities play an important role in improving their efficiency and morale. Participation by Central Government’Employees in adventure sports and similar activities will give them a platform where they would learn lessons from nature and use the knowledge acquired for welfare of the society.
2. Vision : To foster Spirit of risk-taking, cooperative team work, capacity of readiness, vital response to challenging situations, endurance and environmental awareness.
3. Mission : The Mission ‘of the Scheme for promotion of adventure sports and similar activities is to encourage Central Government Employees working in the Ministries/Department of the Government of India to take part in these activities by giving financial assistance and other incentives. The Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board, a Society registered under the Society Registration Act, 1860, which is under the aegis and control of the Department of Personnel & Training will be the nodal agency for the Scheme.
4. Objectives :
- The Scheme would tackle the alarming situation of stress and impact of sedentary life on Government servants as highlighted in several studies conducted so far;
- It would provide a creative outlet to Central Government Employees;
- It would create and foster spirit of risk – taking, cooperative team work, capacity of readiness and vital response to challenging situations and of endurance;
- Central Government Employees would be prepared for better Disaster Management; and
- Environment-alt awareness would be inculcated amongst the Central Government Employees.
5. Scope of the Scheme : The scope of the Scheme is limited to Central Government Employees working in the Ministries/Departments of Government of India. It will also be limited to the programme run by Institutes/Organizations approved by the Department of Personnel Training.
6. Activities to be sponsored and Institutes : The Department of Personnel & Training Will sponsor programmes of 5-7 days duration to be organized by the Institutes/Organizations listed at Annex-I The programme will have components of environmental awareness, disaster management, team spirit, capacity building, and Swachchh Bharat Campaign. The activities under the programme will be Trekking, Mountaineering, Rock-Climbing, Cycling in a difficult terrain, Skiing, Surfing, Boat Sailing, Snorkeling, Rafting, Para Sailing Ballooning, Para Gliding, Jungle Safari/Trekking, Desert Safari/Trekking, Beach Trekking and Environmental Awareness Camps etc. A Calendar of the programmes admissible under the Scheme will be circulated by the Department of Personnel & Training from time to time.
7. Financial Assistance and other incentives :
7.1 The Department of Personnel & Training will provide financial assistance to the eligible Central Government Employees for the programme of approved activities and conducted by the Institutes
listed in Annex I
7.2 Financial assistance will be in the form of reimbursement of Travel Expenses, programme fee and Hiring Charges of the equipments as per the terms and conditions specified in paragraph 7.3 and with a maximum ceiling of Rs..20,0-00/- (Rs. Twenty thousand only) per person per camp. The assistance will be limited to one activity in a block period of two year. Financial Assistance of 100% of
programme fee would be provided in a calendar year to two officials of each Ministries/Departments who have been awarded by the Ministry/Department for excellence in service and nominated for the
7.3 The following Heads are admissible for financial assistance under the Scheme:
i) To and fro travel expenses as per the entitlements under Leave Travel Concessions Rules with a maximum ceiling of Rs. 4,000/-;
ii) Re-imbursement of Programme fee:
- (a) 90% for Group ‘ C’ Central Government Employee;
- (b) 80% for Group ‘ B’ Central Government Employee; and
- (c) 75% for Group ‘ A’ Central Government Employee.
iii) Actual hiring charges if the necessary equipment are hired from any Government agency with adequate proof subject to maximum of Rs. 2000/-.
7.4 Special Casual Leave will be granted to eligible. participants in accordance with Department of Personnel & Training Office Memorandum No. 6/1/1985-Estt.(Pay-I) dated 16th July, 1985 and
No. 6/1/85-Estt(Pay-I) dated 7th November, 1988.
8. Procedure for availing benefits of the Scheme :
8.1 The Central Government Employee will register himself with the Institute/Organization for the approved programme and make payment for it. He/she will simultaneously also submit his/her
application to Central Civil Services Cultural & Sports Board duly forwarded by the Welfare Officer of their respective Ministry/Department.
8.2 The Ministry/Department will forward nominations of officials who have been awarded by the Ministry/Department for excellence in service and eligible for Financial Assistance of 100% of programme fee.
8.3 The Welfare Officer of the Ministry/Department in each case will certify that the recommended official is a Central Government employee working in the main Ministry/Department and medically fit for the adventure activities opted by him.
8.4 The financial assistance will be given on successful completion of the programme and submission of participation certificate to the Central Civil Services Cultural and Sports Board.
9. Flexibility to expand the scope : The Department of Personnel& Training will reserve the rights to modify the scheme, addition or deletion of activities, Institutes/Organization, change in pattern of
financial assistance and other conditions of the Scheme without any prior notice.
ANNEX – I
LIST OF APPROVED INSTITUTES/ORGANISATIONS FOR SCHEME FOR PROMOTION OF ADVENTURE SPORTS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES AMONGST GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand. (Recognized by Ministry of Defence and Government of Uttarakhand)
2. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports, Manaii, Himachal Pradesh. (Government of Himachal Pradesh)
3. Indian Institute of Skiing & Mountaineering, Department of Tourism, Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir. (Ministry of Tourism)
4. National Institute of Water Sports, Vasco da Gama, Goa. (Ministry of Tourism)
5. Swami ‘ Vivekanand Institute of Mountaineering, Mount Abu, Rajasthan. (Government of Gujarat)
6′. Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam Ltd, Dehradun, Uttarakhand. (Government of Uttarakhand)
Source : www.persmin.nic.in
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.