Maximum amount of continuous leave to Railways Employees: Amendment to the Indian Railway Establishment code, Volume I, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition 2008) Chapter V – Leave Rules
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 05-02-2016
The General Managers/FA&CAOs
All Indian Railways and production Units etc.
Sub: Amendment to the Indian Railway Establishment code, Volume I, 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition 2008) Chapter v – Leave Rules.
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the constitution, the president is pleased to direct that Rulw 510 of the Indian railway Establishment code, volume -I 1985 edition (Reprint Edition – 2008) may be amended as in the enclosed advance correction Slip No.129.
2. This issues with the concurrence of the finance directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
3. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director Estt. (P&A)
ADVANCE CORRECTION SLIP TO THE INDIAN RAILWAY ESTABLISHMENT CODE, VOLUME -I, 1985 EDITION – (THIRD REPRINT EDITION – 2008)
Advance correction Slip No.129
The following amendments may be made to rule 510 of the indian railway Establishment Code, volume-I 1985 Edition (Reprint Edition – 2008):-
Rule 510 may be substituted as under:-
510 – Maximum amount of continuous leave.
1. No Railway servant shall be granted leave of any kind for a continuous period exceeding five years.
2. Unless the president, in view of the exceptional circumstances of the case otherwise determines, a Railway servant who remains absent from duty for a continuous period exceeding five years other than on foreign service, with or without leave, shall be deemed to have resigned from the Railway Service;
Provided that a reasonable opportunity to explain the reason for such absence shall be given to that Railway servant before provisions of Sub-Rule (2) are invoked.
Railway Ministry’s Decisions:-
1. In the case of all Group “C” including erstwhile Group “D” railway employees, the power to grant the leave beyond maximum period of 5 years is delegated to converned GMs. However, the leave should be sanctioned only with financial concurrence of FA&CAO and personal recommendation of CPC with the rider this power shall not be delegated further down below.
2. The power be excercised in rare and exceptional cases only, for which a speaking order clearly bringing out the circumstances as to why it is being proposed are brought out.
3. In case of other Groups, the existing provisions will continue.
(authority Board’s letter No.E(P&A)I-2013/CPC/LE-2 dated 05.02.2016 based on corresponding instructions of DoP&T contained in Om No.13026/3/2012-Estt.(Leave) dated 28.03.2013 and their Id No.13026/1/2013-Estt (Leave) dated 21.04.2015)
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]