- Every Association/Federation/Union and all its units will serve the strike notice on 9.6.2016 by holding massive demonstration at all work places. The strike notice shall have the 11 point charter of demands (copy enclosed) and the respective organizations can include their department-specific demands as Part B of the charter of demands.
- The Constituents will plan and execute a massive mobilization campaign to cover each and every employee/worker in which all the National and State leaders must take part.
- The Unions/Federation/Associations will suspend immediately all ongoing negotiations with their departmental heads/authorities and concentrate on the mobilization campaign.
- On 24th June, 2016, a massive united demonstration under the auspices of the NJCA will be held before the Parliament. The constituent organizations will decide upon the quota for each State Unit and communicate the same so that the state units can take necessary steps to ensure that their members reach Delhi on 24th.
- The NJCA (CHQ) will write to the leaders of all the Political parties as also the Central Trade Unions seeks their support and solidarity as also explaining as to why the NJCA had to take the extreme step of organizing the strike action.
- All the Constituent organizations and the State Units shall write such letters to the members of Parliament of their respective States and shall make efforts to meet them in person to seek their support.
- All the State Units of the Constituent organizations either jointly or independently organize Press Conferences to cover the Print and Electronic media.
- The NJCA(CHQ) will hold such a Press Conference at Delhi on 23rd June, 2016 i.e. just one day prior to the mammoth demonstration planned before the Parliament.
- The Constituent organizations will get in touch with the Associations/Federations of the retired personnel both at the All India and State levels to seek out their support for the strike action and enlist their participation in all demonstrative programmes organized by the working employees in support of the strike. The Pensioners organizations may be informed of the Government decision to reject the recommendation of the 7th CPC to provide Option No. 1 to the Pensioners as an alternative pension fitment formula.
- The constituents will also seek the participation of those organizations in their respective organizations who are not associated with the NJCA being not participants in the JCM Scheme.
We appeal to all constituents and through them each and every member of the Central Government employee’s community to take all out efforts to make this historic decision an all time memorable event, which must go into the history as the largest participated strike action of the Central Government employees and workers. We must consider this as a really historic moment provided to us by the harsh turn of events and as an opportunity to reassert our strength, unity and determination not only to win laurels today but to function as an effective bargaining entity for years to come.
Charter of Demands
- Settle the issues raised by the NJCA on the recommendations of the 7 CPC sent to Cabinet Secretary vide letter dated 10th December 2015.
- Remove the injustice done in the assignment of pay scales to technical/safety categories etc. in Railways& Defence, different categories in other Central Govt establishments by the 7 CPC.
- Scrap the PFRDA Act and NPS and grant Pension/family Pension to all CG employees under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 & Railways Pension Rules, 1993.
- i) No privatization/outsourcing/contractorisation of governmental functions.
ii) Treat GDS as Civil Servants and extend proportional benefit on pension and allowances to the GDS.
- No FDI in Railways & Defence; No corporatization of Defence Production Units and Postal Department.
- Fill up all vacant posts in the government departments, lift the ban on creation of posts; regularize the casual/contract workers.
- Remove ceiling on compassionate ground appointments.
- Extend the benefit of Bonus Act,1965 amendment on enhancement of payment ceiling to the adhoc Bonus/PLB of Central Government employees with effect from the Financial year 2014-15.
- Ensure Five promotions in the service career of an employee.
- Do not amend Labour Laws in the name of Labour Reforms which will take away the existing benefits to the workers.
- Revive JCM functioning at all levels.