Family Pension – Submission of certificate of re-marriage/marriage by widowers and unmarried daughters: Clarification
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Sub: Certificate of re-marriage/marriage – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Annexure XXVI of the Scheme Booklet of the O/o CGA, which is a proforma for Certificate of Re-marriage/Marriage. As per the Scheme Booklet, this certificate is to be submitted once every six months in May and November By widowers and unmarried daughters, This is required to be countersigned by ‘a responsible officer or a well-known person.
2. This department has received request from Pensioners Union of Railway Employees, Chennai. (copy enclosed) stating that the widows of the deceased ’employees are required to submit the certificate countersigned by a responsible officer or a well-known person. More often the widow, when approaches the so-called responsible officer/well-known person, are being harassed. They feel that the present stipulation of getting counter signature is not only unwarranted but also an affront to the womanhood in the context of atrocity against women rampant in the country. This is inconsistent with acceptance of certificates with self-attestation.
3. Therefore, the Union has requested to eliminate the provision of counter signature from others duly accepting self attested certificates.
4. This department has also received representations against provision for submission of these certificates every six months, which had been forwarded to the CPAO for further necessary action. as general references.
5. This department has already allowed submission of self-certificate for non-marriage and declaration of income vide OM dated 21st July, 1999, re-iterated vide OM dated 8th December, 2011 and 20th September, 2012 (copies available at www.persmin.nic.in ) Rule 54 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 has been amended to allow submission of marital and income certificates only once a year.
6. In view of the foregoing, Central Pension Accounting Office, Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare and Ministry of Railways are requested to make suitable changes to their respective forms for the above certificate.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Source: [www.cpao.nic.in ##download##]