CGHS : Eligibility of Permanently Disabled Son of a CGHS Beneficiary
No. 4-24/96-C&P/CGHS (P)/ EHS
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare EHS Section
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: the 1st January 2020
Subject: Eligibility of Permanently Disabled Son of a CGHS Beneficiary to avail CGHS facility.
In terms of the Office Memorandum of even number dated 07.05.2018, unmarried permanently disabled and financially dependent sons of CGHS beneficiary suffering 40% or more of one or more disabilities as specified in the O.M. will continue to avail CGHS facility even after attaining the age of 25 years. However, the son above the age of 25 years, in cases where disability has occurred after attaining the age of 25 years, is at present not considered as dependent for availing medical facilities under CGHS as per extant policy.
2. The matter has been engaging the attention of this Ministry for quite some past. It has now been decided that such son(s) above 25 years, in cases where the disability has occurred after attaining the age of 25 years can be considered as dependent for availing medical facilities under CGHS, subject to fulfillment of all other conditions as mentioned in the O.M. dated 07.05.2018.
3. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel: 011-2306 1883
1. All Ministries/Departments, Government of India
2. PPS to Secretary (H&FW)/Secretary (AYUSH)/Secretary (HR)/ Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
3. PPS to DGHS/AS&DG (CGHS)/AS&FA/AS&MD , NRHM/AS(H), MoHFW, New Delhi
4. Director, CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
5. Add l.DDG(HQ), CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
6. AD(HQ), CGHS, R.K.Puram, Sector-12, New Delhi
7. All Addi. Directors/Joint Directors of CGHS cities outside Delhi
8. Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
9. Registrar , Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
10.U.P .S.C. Dholpur House, New Delhi
11.Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Pocket-9, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi.
12. Hospital Empanelment Cell, CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan , New Delhi -for circulating the same to all the empaneled Hospitals/ diagnostic centres
13. Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi 14.Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi
15. Shri Shiv Gopal Mishra, Secretary, Staff Side, 13-D, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
16. All Staff Side Members of National Council (JCM)
17. ED(H)/Planning, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi – 110001
18. Central Organisation, ECHS, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
19. Chairman, Employees State Insurance Corporation, Ministry of Labour& Employment, Panchdeep Bhawan, C.l.G. Marg, New Delhi-110002
20 .UTI-ITSL, 153/1, First Floor, Old Madras Road, Ulsoor, Bengal uru- 560008.
21. Sr. Technical Director, NIC, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan , New Delhi with the request to upoad this OM on the Ministry ‘s website under the link of CS (MA) Rules – OMs and Circulars
22. Hindi Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi for providing Hind i version of this OM.
23. Guard file.