Allow Retired Consultant/Advisors work from home and Contractual/ Outsourced on rotation without loss in fee/wages – DoPT Order 20.03.2020 on COVID 19
F. No. 11013/9/2014 – Estt (A-III)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated the 20 March, 2020
Sub: Preventive measures to achieve ‘social distancing’ to contain the spread of COVID 19
(1) The officials appointed as Consultants/Advisors after retirement who are of the age of 60 years & above, may be allowed to work from home with the permission of
Heads of Department (HoDs), without adversely affecting their consultancy fee/honorarium, till 4th April, 2020.
(ii) The contractual/outsourced staff may also be allowed to attend office on rotational basis as has been allowed for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ officials, without deduction of any wages for their absence from work, upto 4th April, 2020.
2. These instructions shall be applicable to Ministries/Departments/attached and subordinate offices of Central Government. Similar instructions may be issued to Autonomous/Statutory Bodies.
(Umesh Kumar Bhatia)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
1. All the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
2. PMO/Cabinet Secretariat
3. PS to MoS(PP)
4. PSO to Secretary(Personnel)
5. Sr Technical Director. NIC, DoPT