Charges for transfer of Accounts in Post Office – New Appendices and Amendments to procedural rule in POSB(CBS) Manual
S.B. Order 13/2020
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Dated :_ 02/03/2o20
All Head of Circles,
Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
Subiect:- Addition of new Appendices and Amendments to procedural rule in POSB(CBS) Manual regarding.
The undersigned is directed to inform that the competent authority has decided to amend POSB(CBS) Manual as detailed below:-
(i) Standard operating Procedure (SOP) of intra Operable Net banking for POSB Savings Account circulated vide SB Order No.1/2019 dated 03.01.2019 shall be treated as APPENDIX- XX of POSB(CBS) Manual.
(ii) Standard operating procedure (sop) for handling of unclaimed accounts/certificates identified under senior citizen welfare Fund Rules 2016 circulated vide SB order No. 08/2019 dated 13.09.2019 shall be treated as APPENDIX XXI of POSB (CBS) Manual.
(iii) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) after implementation of GL Integration between CBs and CSI transactions circulated vide SB order No. 09/2019 dated 13.09.2019 shall be treated as APPENDIX-XXII of POSB(CBS) Manual.
(iv) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for operation of DOP intra Operable Mobile Banking circulated vide SB Order No. 11./2019 dated 14.10.2019 shall be treated as APPENDIX-XXlll of POSB (CBS) Manual.
2. Rule 141 (16(b) of POSB (CBS) Manual also circulated vide SB order o9/202o:- This sub rule should be replaced with below text:-
Account transfer from one post office to another and from one post office to bank and vice versa can be allowed on payment of a fee of Rs. 1oo/- + 18% GST in the manner mentioned in SB order 3/2020 dated 10.1.2020. For transfer of account from post office to Bank and vice versa, procedure laid down for PPF scheme account shall be followed. Transfer of account from CBS enable post office to non CBS post office and vice versa shall not be allowed.
3. lt is requested to circulate these amendments to all concerned for information and guidance and necessary action.
4. This issues with the approval bf Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB)
1. DDc(Fs)/DDG(vtG)/As&FA/DDG(pAF)/DDG(RB)/DDG (Estt.)/DDG(pG &
lnspections)/DDG (pCO/Sr. DDG(pBt)
2. Director of Audit (p&T), Delhi.
3. Resident Audit Officer, Room No.5i.7-8, Dak Bhawan, New Dethi.
4. AII Directors/Dy. Directors of Accounts, postal
5. Director, RAKANpA, Ghaziabad, All Directors, postal Training Centres.
5. Director pTC Mysore for uploading the SB order on lndia post Web Site.
7. Deputy Director (CEPT) O/o CPMG T.N.Circle, Chennaifor information.
8. AD /lnspection/pFlVigila nce
9. All recognized unions.
10. MOF(DEA), NS-, North Block, New Delhi
11. NationalSavings lnstitute,4 DeenDayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi.
12. PS to Member (Banking)
13. PPS to DG posts.
14. PPS to Secretary posts.
Source: Click here for PDF