Waive off penalty/revival fee (default fee) in RD/PPF/SSA Accounts due to lockdown situation in view of COVID-19. SB Order No. 14/2020 – The subscribers of RD/PPF/SSA Accounts may deposit the mandated due amount, if any of current F.Y. (2019-20) and April, 2020 (as the case may be) in their respective accounts till 30‘ June, 2020 and no penalty/revival fee shall be charged
SB Order No. 14/2020
Govt. of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
DakBhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles/Regions
Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
Subject: Regarding waive off penalty/revival fee (default fee) in RD/PPF/SSA Accounts.
Representations were received in this Directorate from various quarters to consider the exemption/waiver of penalty/revival fee (default fee) in respect of RD/PPF/SSA Accounts as the customers were not being able to deposit their due amounts in time due to lockdown situation in view of COVID-19. The issue was taken up with Ministry of Finance to consider the same and the Ministry of Finance has approved the exemption of penalty/revival fee for RD/PPF/SSA Accounts and intimated as under:-
“The subscribers of RD/PPF/SSA Accounts may deposit the mandated due amount, if any of current F.Y. (2019-20) and April, 2020 (as the case may be) in their respective accounts till 30‘ June, 2020 and no penalty/revival fee shall be charged”.
2. Accordingly necessary amendments are being made in Finacle. Non-CBS Post Offices should also take necessary action accordingly.
3. It is requested to circulate it to all concerned for information and necessary action. The same may also be placed on the notice board of the all Post Offices in public area.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
( Puneet Bijaraniya)
Assistant Director General (CBS)
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)/Sr.PPS to Director General Postal Services.
2. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLD/ Member (Tech)
3. Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser
4. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
5. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
6. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
7. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
8. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
9. Ali General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
10. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
11. All Sections of Postal Directorate
12. All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
13. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website. |
14. MOF(DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
15. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 DeendayalUpadhyayMarg, New Delhi-110002
16. Guard File
17. Spare copies.