Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students for fresh and renewals: Schedule indicating opening, closing and verification and all
Subject: Schedule indicating opening, closing and verification of online application in National Scholarship Portal under the “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” for fresh and renewals.
The “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” implemented by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education has opened on the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in for the Academic Year 2020-21 on 16.08.2020. The schedule is as follows:
|Closing date of receipt of Applications
|Last date of verification of the Applications by the Institutions
|Last date of verification of the Applications by the State Education Board
In light of the above, all students who had applied on National Scholarship Portal and received the scholarship in the year 2019 may apply for the Renewal and those who are in the top 20th percentile list of academic year 2020-21 may apply for the Fresh, 2020, if otherwise eligible, on the National Scholarship Portal on or before the last date i.e. 31.10.2020 and also ensure to get his/her application verified by the Institute before the last date, else the application would be treated as INVALID.
Prior to applying for the scheme students are advised to go through the FAQs of the scheme attached below. For any query, the students are advised to contact the Nodal Officers for the respective State Education Boards.
Under Secretary to Govt. of India
Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
(National Scholarship Division)
CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP
FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (CSSS)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT THE SCHEME
The “Central Sector scheme of scholarship for College and University students” is implemented by the Department of Higher Education since 2008. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Q 1. What is the eligibility criteria for applying the ‘Central Sector scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students”?
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students is a merit-cum means scholarship scheme.
- Student who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in Class- XII
- Pursuing regular course (not correspondence or distance mode)
- Having family income of less than 8 Lakh per annum
- Not receiving any other scholarship and fee reimbursement of any kind
- Diploma students not eligible under the Scheme.
Q 2. Methodology adopted for generating Merit List for selecting the beneficiaries under the Scheme?
From the eligible applicant, merit list is drawn based on gender (50 boys : 50 girls) stream (3-Scicnce : 2-Commerce : 1-Humanitie), Category (SC- 15 % /ST-7.5 % and OBC-27 %) and 5% horizontal reservation is provided for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) from the allocated quota of individual state Education Board. ln case of shortfall in the number of application, the scholarship slots could be inter-changed.
Q. 3 What is the rate of scholarship under the Scheme?
The rate of scholarship is Rs. 10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs. 20000/- per annum at Post-Graduation level. Students pursuing technical course are paid Rs. 20,000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year. Application has to apply for renewal scholarship on NSP every subsequent year. Students pursing B.Tech/ BE would get 4 installment of scholarship only i.e Rs/- 10000/ per annum for first three years and Rs. 20,000/- per annum in the 4th year.
Q. 4 What is the duration of scholarships and criteria for renewal under the scheme?
A student will be eligible for the scholarship for a total duration not exceeding 5 years. A scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year to year basis up to Post Graduate level in the same stream (except for the student pursuing technical courses leading to degree at graduation level).
Q. 5 What is the methodology for disbursement of scholar hip under the Scheme?
Scholarship is disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode i.e . directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiary . To have seamless disbursal of scholarships, students arc required to seed the Aadhaar with the bank account as mentioned in the application form . The students can track his/her payment status from the template “Know Your Payment” in the Public Financial Management System (PFM ) portal and can also check status on NSP with their login credential . In case PFMS status is shown as “Success” and the scholarship amount is not credited into the student’s bank account which was mentioned by him/her in the application form, then the student is required to check the status of the bank account which was linked with aadhaar at the time of transaction.
Q. 6 Who can apply for scholarship under CSSS on National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
(a) Student who have completed class -XII in the Academic Year 2019-20 and who are in the Top 20th percentile list of concerned Board (SEB/CBSE/CISCE) are eligible to apply for fresh scholarship. Those who are not covered in the list would not be able to choose the CSSS scholarship scheme.
(b) Students who have applied for fresh scholarship in academic year 2016-17, 2017-18 2018- 19 and 20 19-20 and in merit list, can apply on the National Scholarship Portal http://scholarships.gov.in/ for 4th renewal (2016- 17), 3rd renewal (2017-18), 2nd renewal (2018-19) and 1st renewal (2019-20) before the cut-off date. To receive renewal scholarship, it is compulsory for the scheme beneficiaries to apply every year as renewal candidate, if missed out in any academic year he/she will be debarred permanently. Therefore applicant ensure to apply for renewal on portal and ensure his/her application is verified by the Institute, before closure of the portal.
Q. 7 How can I apply for scholarship under CSS? What are the precautions to be kept in mind at the time of on line application registration ?
Before registering on the National Scholarship Portal, student are advised to keep the following documents ready with them (i) Bank Passbook for filling bank details (ii) Aadhaar card no. (iii) Parental income certificate (iv) A valid mobile number (v) An e-mail ID (vi) Caste certificate wherever required (vii) Disability certificate wherever required. After filling the personal detail student are required to select “Post-Matric” option from the drop down menu, and select the “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Student “.
While filling the application , student is required to ensure that the name of self, name of father and Roll no. should exactly match as it has been mentioned in the Roll Card/Mark sheet so that the data gets captured and the scheme is visible in the National scholarship Portal. While filling the application form, in the column of State Education Boards the have to select the board as per the list at annexure.
Note:- In case student name in 12th examination marks sheet and aadhar card is different, then students are advised to get his/her name in aadhar same as in his/her Mark sheet.
Father’s Name as per mark-sheet – Shri Mahendra Pratap Singh ( M.P. Singh – Incorrect)
1. Have a valid personal email ID and mobile which should be kept active till the completion of scholarship disbursement Process. It is advisable not to change the mobile number for the duration of the scholarship. NSP may send necessary intimation and information through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number. Future necessary information and relevant OTP would be provided on mentioned mobile number. You are advice to mention you own number instead of your family member’s number. The students must also check their sms from portal regularly.
2 . NIC and MHRD do not send any communication other than Email/SMS. No change in E-mail ID and mobile number will be entertained during the entire process.
Q 8. When to apply for scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) www.scholarships.gov.in will be opened for online application on 16th-August 2020 for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University students and last date to apply for the scheme is 31st October 2020 . Please check NSP portal regularly.
Q. 9 What precautions are to be exercised while selecting the institution from the drop down menu?
While electing the Institute where he/ he is studying, in the circumstances of having common /matching name of institutions, student need to ascertain the right institute by AISHE code a signed to all institutions . For example:
|Nature Of Institute
|Name of Institute
|GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC, CHIKLA
|GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC FOR WOMEN, SIRSA
|GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC, HISAR
|GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC, MANDOKLA
|GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC, ROHTAK
|GOVERNMENT POLYTECHNIC, NILOKHERI
Clicking the FINAL SUBMIT’ button, after incorrect selection of institution shall lead to non-verification of applications by the institution, which cannot be corrected thereafter and such grievance will not be entertained.
10. What are the documents that are required to be uploaded for applying and verification?
No documents arc required to be uploaded at the time of online application, on the National Scholarship Portal. However, copy of documents such as [class 12th mark sheet, Income Certificate etc. ] must be kept ready which would be required at the time of verification by the institutions. For further information regarding this please check manual provided by NSP portal.
11. What instructions should be followed by student while filling up Bank Account details?
(i) The bank account should be in the student’s name.
(ii) Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the drop down list.
(iii) Thereafter the complete account number and IFSC code (by indicating ‘0’ zero and not ‘o’ alphabet ) must be entered correctly. (Any variation in the bank account number and IFSC code will be subject to rejection), particularly in the case where the banks have been merged with the State Bank of India.
(iv) Bank Account holder must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
(v) Bank Account must be operational /active.
(vi) Bank Account must be preferably in any Nationalized Bank with core banking facility.
(vii) Facility to update bank account details shall be provided only once, which can be at any stage after submission of application by the student.
12. Can I edit the information already saved and upto what time?
You can edit the information till final submission of the online application. After final submission of application, information can only be edited when your application is marked as defected at the verification level.
13. Which fields I can edit?
You can edit all details except the details entered in “Personal Details” tab. It may be noted that once you click on “Confirm and Submit” button your application will be forwarded to the next level and then you cannot edit further’
14. Do I have to fill up the online application in one sitting?
No. You can fill the online application in many sittings, until you arc satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly.The software provides facility to save your application at every stage until you click on ‘Confirm & Submit’ button.
15 .What is UID number/Aadhaar Number?
UID number otherwise known as ‘Aadhaar’ number is Unique Identification Number given by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)-The Aadhaar Number should be seeded with the Bank Account in which Scholarship amount is desired to be transferred. For this the concerned Bank may be contacted with a copy of the Aadhaar card.
16. What is a Temporary ID?
Temporary ID (PID) is only a reference number provided to the applicants as a token of their registration in the online database.
17. Is there any Permanent ID?
Yes. A Permanent ID (PID) will be provided t0 the candidate once his/her application is submitted online. It will be conveyed to candidates through SMS and e-mail. Students should remember their PID as it will be required at the time of renewal application’ Receipt of PID does not guarantee award of scholarship.
18. What should I do if I forget my Temporary ID/Permanent ID?
The process of re-collection of the temporary/Permanent id is given as below:
“Student login–>Forgot Registration Details?” then enter the basic fields accordingly and click on the button “Get Registration details”.
19. How should I check the status of my application online?
You have to login under the option ‘Student Login’ by entering your Permanent lD and Password. After login. you will be able to view the option ‘Check Your Status’. Under this
option you can check your online application status.
20. How do I know the name and address of the Nodal Officers my State Education Board/CBSE/CISCE ?
The name and contact details of the Nodal Officer of the State Education Boards/CBSE/CISCE are available under the link of “Services” on the home page of National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
21, Where to lodge complaints/queries/grievances regarding scholarship application?
Technical complaints regarding working of the portal/ processing of online application/verification status etc. may be addressed to the Help desk of National Scholarship Portal. Queries/racquets regarding scheme guidelines, eligibility, etc. may be addressed to the concerned State Education Board.
Grievances regarding non-receipt of fresh/renewal scholarship under Ministry of HRD’s “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” may be registered on the following link http://pgr:ortal.gov.in/grievancenew.asox
22. What if I withdraw the application from the CSSS scholarship scheme?
You candidature stand cancelled for the CSSS scholarship scheme. Therefore, the withdrawal option has to be exercised if you do not want to avail the benefit of the CSSS scholarship scheme or you have opted for other scholarship scheme.
- After finally submitting the applications on the portal students are advised to get their online application verified by the respective institutions before the cut-off date. Application which is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as ‘Invalid’.
- Withdrawal Option:- Do not use option unless you want to surrender the scholarship.
- For College and course change after completion of graduation courses (general degree course), use the option update college/institution and course in your login, After filling right college/institution and course name then only click on submit button because once click on the submit button system disable to option to update college and course. If you click the submit option without updating the option or fill wrong information then student will not get another chance.
- For change in college at 2nd and 3rd year please contact your respective State Education Board at least 2 week prior to closing date of NSP. Change in college requests received in the last 7 days prior to closing of NSP will not be entertained.
- J and K students who passed l2th examination in November 2019, must have to enter 2020 in the column “12th passing year” while filling scholarship application form online on NSP.
- Applicants are advised to ensure the linking of aadhar card with their account number mentioned in the application form.
- Bank validation status: Applicants must ensure that their bank details got validated after finally submitting the scholarship application form’ Bank validation status is shown in the applicant login. If applicant bank validation failed, then he/she will be provided only one chance to update bank details’
- Applicant must ensure that his application got verified by his/her institution/college nodal officer with in the permit time period’ Failure to do so, mark the application invalid.
- National Scholarship Division,
Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Department of Higher Education,
West Block l, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6.
R. K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi I10066.
Tele: 0 I I – 2617249 l, 26165238.
LIST OF STATE EDUCATION BOARDS / CBSE / CISCE
|Name of The STATE Education- BOARD (SEB)
|BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION ANDHRA PRADESH
|ASSAM HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION COUNCIL
|BIHAR SCHOOL EXAMINATION BOARD
|CHHATTISGARH BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
|GOA BOARD OF SECONDARY AND HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION
|GUJARAT SECONDARY & HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION BOARD
|BOARD OF SCHOOL, EDUCATION HARYANA
|HIMACHAL- PRADESH BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION
|J&K BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION
|JHARKHAND ACADEMIC COUNCIL
|DEPARTMENT OF PRE-UNIVERSITY EDUCATION BANGALORE
|KERALA BOARD OF I HIGHER SECONDARY EXAMINATION THIRUVANANTAPURAM
|BOARD OF BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION BHOPAL
|MAHARASHTRA STATE BOARD OF SECONDARY & HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION PUNE
|COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION MANIPUR
|MEGHALAYA BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION
|MIZORAM SCHOLARSHIP BOARD
|NAGALAND BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION
|COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION (CHSE) ODISHA
|DIRECTORATE OF HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION PUDUCHERRY
|PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD MOHALI
|BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION AJMER
|T.N. STATE EDUCATION BOARD, CHENNAI
|TELANGANA STATE BOARD OF INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION HYDERABAD
|TRIPURA BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION AGARTALA
|BOARD OF HIGH SCHOOL AND INTERMEDIATE EDUCATION UTTAR PRADESH ALLAHABAD
|BOARD OF SCHOOL, EDUCATION UTTARAKHAND
|WEST BENGAL COUNCIL OF HIGHER SECONDARY EDUCATION CALCUTTA
|CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION (CBSE)
|COUNCIL FOR THE INDIAN SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION
Responsibilities of Institutions/Colleges/University.
1. Appoint Nodal Officer to look after the work of verification on National Scholarship Portal. Get him registered on the NSP portals (Same can be done by contacting District/state Nodal 0flicers).
2. Must verify all the application within the permitted time period.
3. Under the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students, Institutions/Colleges/Universities only)’ has to check whether details fill by applicant is true or not. If found ok lhcn Nodal Officer can verified it- If some correction is need then application form can be marked as defected, lf the applicant is not genuine student of Institution/College/University, then his/her application can be rejected.
4. Must maintain the records of supporting documents provided by the applicant.