Improvement of Health Delivery System & Emergency Treatment in Railway Empanelled Private Hospitals: Railway Board Update - Following Order has b
Improvement of Health Delivery System & Emergency Treatment in Railway Empanelled Private Hospitals: Railway Board
Update – Following Order has been superseded with:
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No.2018/TransCell / Health/CGHS (eOff.No.3270783)
Dtd: 28/ 12/ 2020
The General Manager, All Indian Railways/ PUs, NF(Con) , CORE
The DG/ RDSO/ Lucknow, DG/ NAIR/ Vadodara
CAOs, DMW / Patiala, WPO/ Patna,
COFMOW / NDLS, RWP/ Bela, CAO / IROAF CMD / RailTel.
Sub : Improvement of Health Delivery System & Emergency Treatment in Railway Empanelled Private Hospitals
Several representations have been received from Railway Medical Beneficiaries including retired officials regarding problems being faced during treatment in emergency at empanelled Hospitals. In order to improve the Health Delivery System on Indian Railways and streamline the treatment in emergency at Railway empanelled hospitals, following have been approved:
1. Railway medical beneficiaries (serving/ retired) under emergency condition can get admission in any railway empanelled hospital without any prior referral. The empanelled hospital should not insist on referral from railway hospitals or demand advance in emergency conditions and the hospital will provide cashless/Credit medical facilities to patients.
2. The emergency conditions are defined in Memorandum of Understanding between CGHS empanelled hospitals and Government of India (CGHS Authorities) (Annexure-I) or as amended by CGHS from time to time and same will be applicable in Indian Railways.
3. The valid UMID Card/ CTSE Card issued will be treated as identification as Railway Medical Beneficiary . Railways have to make sure that these cards are accepted in the empanelled hospital under the jurisdiction / empanelment.
4. Situation may arise where Railway hospital, after scrutinising admission report submitted by empanelled hospital, finds that the patient is not suffering from an emergency. In such cases the patient can continue to avail treatment at the empanelled hospital, if so desired, by paying CGHS rates or hospital rates, whichever is less on the patient’s cost.
5. The nature and appropriateness of the emergency is subject to verification, which may be verified, inspected or medically audited by the nominated authority on random basis at its own discretion.
6. The Hospital will intimate all instances of patients admitted as emergencies (without prior permission) to the Railway authorities, at the earliest and within 24 hours and Railway will revert within next 24 hours, otherwise it will be treated as deemed approval. The empanelled hospital will clearly mention / certify the emergency condition as per MoU.
7. Railway Hospital as well as empanelled hospital will share the contact number and email address for communication for this purpose and will ensure to put on the website of Railways as well as of the hospital. The documents and approvals will be shared on the email to save the time and difficulties faced by the patients. The empanelled Hospital will not insist to patients to get the approval of referral / extension from the Railway Hospital. Same will be coordinated and approved on the contact number and email by the empanelled Hospital and Railway Hospital.
8. Railway hospitals shall refer to the empanelled hospital for appropriate duration as per the package. In case of additional stay for treatment, same procedure will be followed as per Para 6 & 7 above.
9. Also, the empanelled hospitals will provide the necessary treatment in OPD or otherwise to valid Railway Medical Beneficiary at the CGHS approved rates or hospital rates, whichever is less for the treatment in non-referral and non-emergency case at Railway Medical Beneficiary’s cost.
10. Zonal Railways shall include provisions for conditions given from 4.1 to 4.9 above, in their MoU with the referral hospitals and also include that refusal to provide treatment to bonafide railway medical beneficiaries in emergency cases without valid ground would attract disqualification for continuation of empanelment. Also, MoU to be updated including removal of ambiguities accordingly.
This issues with the approval of Board.
Kindly acknowledge and ensure compliance.
Encl: as above.
(Dr Vijay Kumar)
Principal Exec. Dir/ Health
Executive Director /S&T