Junior Translator (Group B Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 - Central Water Commission, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuve
Junior Translator (Group B Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 – Central Water Commission, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation,
MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI
(Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation)
New Delhi, the 30th November, 2020
G.S.R. 187.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Central Water Commission (Junior Translator) Recruitment Rules, 2015, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Junior Translator in the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Central Water Commission, Junior Translator (Group ‘B’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.—The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit and other qualifications, etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post :
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of the age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Selection post or Non- Selection post.||Age-limit for direct recruits.|
*Subject to variation dependent on work load.
|General Central Service, Ministerial, Non- Gazetted, Group ‘B’.||Level-6 in the pay matrix (Rs. (35,400-1,12,400).||Not applicable.||
Thirty years of age.
(Relaxable for Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government).
Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pange Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh and the Union territories of Ladakh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotes.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
(i) Masters degree of a recognised University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level; or
(ii) Masters degree of a recognised University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level; or
(iii) Masters degree of a recognised University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of a examination at the degree level; or
(iv) Masters degree of a recognised University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of a examination at the degree level; or
(v) Masters degree of a recognised University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and
English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level; and
(vi) Recognised Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and Vice versa or two years experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central Government or State Government office, including Government of India undertakings.
Note 1: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission or competent authority in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Note 2: The qualifications regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission or competent authority in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes if any stage of selection, the Staff Selection Commission or competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
|Not applicable.||Two years.||
Note: Vacancies caused by the incumbent being away on deputation or long illness or study leave or under other circumstances for duration of one year or more may be filled on deputation basis from officers of Central Government:-
(a) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department;
(b) possessing the qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruits under column (7).
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/ absorption, grade from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Not applicable||Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:-
1. Chief Engineer (Human Resource Management), Central Water Commission – Chairman
2. Director (Administration), Central Water Commission – Member
3. Director of any Technical Directorate, Central Water Commission – Member
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is not necessary.|
A. K. DAS, Under Secy.