Nursing Officer Senior Nursing Officer and Assistant Nursing Superintendent Recruitment Regulations 2020- in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation M
Nursing Officer Senior Nursing Officer and Assistant Nursing Superintendent Recruitment Regulations 2020- in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
(EMPLOYEES’ STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION)
New Delhi, the 19th October 2020
No. A-12/11/1/RR-N.S./2017-Med.-VI.—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 97, read with clause(xxi) of sub-section (2) and sub-section (2A) of the said section and sub-section (2) of section 17 of the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (34 of 1948) and in supersession of the Employees State Insurance Corporation, (Nursing cadres/Posts), Recruitment Regulations, 2010 in so far as they relate to the post of Staff Nurse, Nursing Sister and Assistant Nursing Superintendent, excepts as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation hereby makes with the approval of the Central Government, the following regulations regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Nursing Officer, Senior Nursing Officer (erstwhile Staff Nurse and Nursing Sister respectively) and Assistant Nursing Superintendent in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement. – (1) These Regulations may be called the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (Nursing Officer, Senior Nursing Officer and Assistant Nursing Superintendent), Recruitment Regulations, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Nationality. – A candidate for appointment must be: —
(a) a Citizen of India; or
(b) he/she must belong to such categories of persons as may from time to time, be notified in this behalf by the Government of India in the Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
3. Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix. – The number of the said posts, their classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these regulations.
4. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.- The method of recruitment, age -limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
5. Physical fitness. – (1) A candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties as an officer/employee in the service.
(2) A candidate who after such physical examination as the Director General may prescribe is found not to satisfy the requirement of clause (1) of this regulation will not be appointed.
Note: The standard of physical fitness and the competent medical authorities to examine and declare a candidate physically fit for appointment, will be same as for corresponding appointment under the Central Government.
6. Disqualification. – No person,
(a)who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b)who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Director General of the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this regulation.
7. Power to relax. – Where the Director General of the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, he may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, and after obtaining specific prior approval of the Central Government, and in consultation with Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these regulations with respect to any class or category of persons.
8. Savings. – Nothing in these regulations shall affect reservation, relaxation of age- limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Schedules Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the pay matrix||Whether selection post or non- selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits|
|Not applicable||Not exceeding thirty years.
(Relaxable for employees of
Employees’ State Insurance
Corporation and Government
servants upto five years in
accordance with the instructions
or orders issued by the Central
Government from time to time).
Note: The crucial date for
determining the age-limit shall be
as advertised by the Union Public
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the vacancies be filled by various methods|
(A)(I) B.Sc.(Hons) in Nursing from a recognised University or Institute; or regular course in B.Sc. Nursing from a recognised University or Institute; or Post Basic B.Sc Nursing from a recognised University or Institute; and(II) registered as a nurse or nurse and mid-wife (registered Nurse or registered Nurse & registered Midwife) with State Nursing Council.
(B)(I) Diploma in General Nursing Mid-wifery from a recognised Board or Council;
(II) registered as a nurse or nurse and mid-wife (registered Nurse or registered Nurse & registered Midwife) from State Nursing Council; and
|Not applicable||Two years||By direct recruitment.
Note 1: Vacancies caused by the incumbent being away on transfer on deputation or long illness or study leave or under other circumstance for duration of one year or more may be filled on deputation basis from officers of Central Government;
(A)(I) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; and
(B) possessing the educational qualification prescribed for
direct recruits under column (7).
Note 2: Period of deputation including period of deputation
in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years. The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty
six years as on the closing date of receipt of application.
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption level from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment|
|Not applicable.||Group ‘B’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:
1. Medical Commissioner, Employees’ State Insurance Corporation -Chairman;
Union Public Service Commission is necessary.