UPSC Examination 2021 – Rules for a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination LDCE – Assistant Commandants (Executive) in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 2nd December, 2020
No. 45012/43/2020-Pers.I.—The Rules for a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2021 for the purpose of filling vacancies of Assistant Commandants (Executive) in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) for the vacancy year 2021 are published for general information:-
1. The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination will be specified in the Notice issued by the Commission. Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
2. The examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in Appendix-I to these rules.
The dates on which and the places at which the examination will be held, shall be fixed by the Commission.
3. The candidates should have completed 04 years of regular service as on 01st January, 2021 in the rank of Sub. Inspector (GD) / Inspector (GD) including the period of basic training and should have clean record of service till issue of offer of appointment.
4. A candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years on the 01st August, 2021 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1986. However, the upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Schedule Caste or a Schedule Tribe.
SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.
5. Every candidates appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted three attempts at the examination.
6. The Educational Qualification for appearing in the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination will be a Graduation from a recognized University.
7. Possession of NCC „B‟ or „C‟ Certificate will be a desirable qualification. These desirable qualifications will be given consideration at the time of interview/Personality Test only.
8. Candidates must meet the prescribed Physical and Medical standards for admission to the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for selection of Assistant Commandant (Executive) in CISF, 2021 specified in Appendix-II of these Rules.
9. After the Notification of the Rules of the Examination in the Gazette of India by Ministry of Home Affairs and notification of examination by the Commission, the candidates will have to fill in the application form on-line on the UPSC‟s web-site and a hard copy of the same are to be routed through proper channel to the CISF authorities for verification and onwards transmission to the Commission. The scrutiny of applications for deciding the eligibility of candidates with reference to the stipulated eligibility conditions will be done by the Central Industrial Security Force. However, the decision of the Commission as to the acceptance of the application of a candidate and his/her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the examination shall be final.
10. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standard Tests or Personality/Interview Tests will be
purely provisional subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standard Tests or Personality/Interview Tests, it is found that they do not fulfil any of eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled.
11. Admit Card of the admitted candidates to this examination will be uploaded on the UPSC website two week before the date of examination and can be downloaded by the eligible candidates. No paper e-Admit Card will be issued by the Commission. Candidates shall not be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds a downloaded eAdmit Card.
12. A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of:-
(i) Obtaining support for his/her candidature by the following means, namely:-
(a) offering illegal gratification to, or
(b) applying pressure on, or
(c) blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct the examination, or
(ii) Impersonating, or
(iii) Procuring impersonation by any person, or
(iv) Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
(v) Uploading irrelevant photos in the application form in place of actual photo/signature.
(vi) Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
(vii) Resorting to the following means in connection with his/her candidature for the examination, namely
(a) obtaining copy of question paper through improper means,
(b) finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination,
(c) influencing the examiners, or
(viii) being in possession of or using unfair means during the examination, or
(ix) writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches or writing irrelevant matter in the scripts, or
(x) misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating disorderly scene and the like, or
(xi) harassing or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examinations, or
(xii) being in possession of or using any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or device or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or Bluetooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination, or
(xiii) violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their e-admission certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
(xiv) attempting to commit or as the case may be, abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses may, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable.
(a) and shall be disqualified by the Commission from the examination held under this Rule for which he/she is a candidate and/or
(b) shall be liable to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
(i) by the Commission from any examination or selection held by it.
(ii) by the Central Government from any employment under them, and for any disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.
Provided that no penalty under these rules shall be imposed except after
(i) Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he/she may wish to make in that behalf; and
(ii) Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him/her into consideration.
12. (1) Any person who is found by the Commission to be guilty of colluding with a candidate(s) in committing or abetting the commission of any of the misdeeds listed at the clauses (i) to (xiii) above render himself liable to action in terms of the clause (xiv).
13. (1) Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned for the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standard Tests by CISF to check whether they meet the Physical and Medical Standards specified in Appendix II to these Rules :
13. (2) Commission retains discretion to fix minimum qualifying standards in any or all of the papers at any stage and retains discretion to evaluate conventional papers of only those candidates who secure minimum qualifying standards in the objective paper, as may be determined by the Commission in its discretion.
13. (3) Provided that candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes may be summoned for the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency and Medical Standard Tests by applying relaxed standards if the Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these categories are not likely to be summoned for the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests on the basis of the general standard in written examination in order to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
13. (4) Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards as specified in Appendix II to these Rules, will be put through Physical Efficiency Test (PET) as indicated below :