Photostat-cum-Equipment Operator, Group ‘C’ Post (Pay Level 4) Recruitment Rules, 2021 in Cabinet Secretariat
New Delhi, the 9th February, 2021
G.S.R. 14 .—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Cabinet Secretariat Photostat-cum-Equipment Operator Group ‘C’ post Recruitment Rules, 1999, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the methods of recruitment to the post of Photostat-cum-Equipment Operator in the Cabinet Secretariat, namely: –
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Cabinet Secretariat, Photostat-cum- Equipment Operator, Group ‘C’ Post, Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.—The number of post, its classification and level in pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these Rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualification, etc.—The method of recruitment to said post, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any other person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in pay matrix||Whether selection post or non-selection post|
* Subject to variation dependent on workload.
|General Central Service, Group ‘C’, non -Gazetted, non- Ministerial.||Level-4
(Rs. 25,500 –81,100).
|Non – selection.|
|Age-limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits|
|Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in case of promotees||Period of Probation, if any|
|Not applicable||Two years on re–employment|
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|By promotion failing which by deputation/absorption. For Ex-servicemen:
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/absorption is to be made|
Photocopy Operator of Cabinet Secretariat with eight years’ regular service in the grade.
Note : Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade alongwith their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Officers under the Central Government ,-
(a) (i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; or
(ii) With eight years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in level-2 of pay matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; and
(b) Possessing one year’s experience in operating and maintaining photocopying machines.
Note 1: The Departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, the deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
For Ex – Servicemen:
The Armed Forces personnel due to retire or who are to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having matriculation qualification shall also be considered, and such persons shall be given deputation terms upto the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces and thereafter they may be continued on re-employment.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstance in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Group ‘C’ Departmental Promotion Committee for considering promotion and
confirmation consisting of :-
1. Director/ Deputy Secretary (Administration), Cabinet Secretariat – Chairman;
2. Under Secretary (Administration), Cabinet Secretariat – Member;
3. A Group ‘A’ officer from any other Ministry or Department of the
Central Government – Member.
[F. No. A-12018/05/2019-Ad. I.]
INDRANI GUPTA, Director
Source: Notification Hindi/English PDF