Dearness Relief from 01.07.2021 @ 28% to retired Judges of Supreme Court / High courts and family pensioners of such Judges
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
NEW DELHI – 110066
CPAO/IT & Tech/ Bank performance/ 37 Vol‐ III/2021‐22/ 82
Subject: Revised rates of Dearness Relief to retired Judges of Supreme Court / High courts and family pensioners of such Judges w.e.f. 01.07.2021.
Attention is invited to the OM No. L-19016/01/2018-Jus. dated 03.08.2021 Copy enclosed issued by the Ministry of Law and Justice wherein it is decided that the retired Judges of Supreme Court / High courts and family pensioners of such Judges would be entitled to Dearness Relief on pension/ family pension at the rate of 28% with effect from1st July, 2021.
The increase subsumes the additional installments arising on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021. The rate of Dearness relief shall remain at 17% oF basic pension/ family pension for the period from 01.01.2020 till 30.06.2021
All the banks are requested to follow the instructions issued vide OM ibid by the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare scrupulously and implement the same at the earliest.
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pension)
Encl: As above
(Satish Kumar Garg)
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Government of India
Ministry of Law and Justice
Department of Justice
Jaisalmer House, Man Singh Road,
New Delhi Dated: 03 August, 2021
1. Accountants General,
All States and U.T. of Chandigarh.
2. Pay and Accounts Officer,
Supreme Court of India, New Delhi.
3. Pay and Account Officer, No. XIV,
Government of NCT of Delhi,
Fire Station Building, Shankar Road, New Delhi.
4. Directorate of Pension & Provident Fund,
Gujarat State, Block No. 17,
Dr. Jivaraj Mehta Complex,
Old Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar.
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to the retired Judges of Supreme Court/High Courts and family pensioners of such Judges – revised rates effective from 01.07.2021.
I am directed to refer to this department’s letter of even number dated 8th November 2019 on the above subject and to say that consequent upon grant of further Dearness Relief (DR) on pension/ family pension to the employees of Central Government and Central Autonomous Bodies vide Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare’s O.M. No. 42/07/2021- P&PW(D) dated 22nd July, 2021 (Copy enclosed), it has been decided that retired Judges of Supreme Court/ High Courts and family pensioners of such judges would be entitled to Dearness Relief on pension/ family pension at the rate of 28% with effect from 1st July, 2021. The increase subsumes the additional instalments arising on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021. The rate of Dearness Relief shall remain at 17% of basic pension/family pension for the period from 01.01.2020 till 30.06.2021.
2. Payment of Dearness Relief involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
3. The provision governing grant of Dearness Relief to pensioners such as regulation oi dearness relief during employment / re-employment, regulation of dearness relief where more than one pension is drawn etc, will remain unchanged.
4. Other provisions contained in this Department’s letter No.L-19016/3/97 – Jus. dated 13th January, 1999 will remain unchanged.
5. Accountant Generals/ Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to arrange payment of dearness relief to the pensioners on the basis of the aforesaid instructions as per the procedure adopted by the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare without any further delay.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Joint Secretary and Financial Adviser Law vide note.16 dated 29.7.2021 e-file no.3834 and approval of Secretary Justice vide note no.20 dated 30.7.2021.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India