Reduction of delay in processing of pension cases on SPARSH for Defence Civilian and their families- Circular No. SPARSH-06 Office of the Principal C
Reduction of delay in processing of pension cases on SPARSH for Defence Civilian and their families- Circular No. SPARSH-06
Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts(Pension),
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad — 211014
Circular No. : SPARSH-06
Dated: 22th Sep. 2021
(All HODs / CsDA/PCsDA)
Sub:- Reduction of delay in processing of pension cases on SPARSH (System for Pension Administration (Raksha) for Defence Civilian and their families-reg.
Ref:- This office Circular No. SPARSH-04 dt. 14.07.2021.
SPARSH has been rolled out for Defence Civilian Organisations for processing of all types of pension cases. As all concern must be aware, any pension case on SPARSH goes through multiple stages from initiation to sanction. Any delay in completion of any of the stage leads to delay in sanction of pension. Consideration the experience of past 11 months since the rollout of SPARSH, we recommend to follow the below mentioned guidelines for processing cases on SPARSH.
- Retirement Orders may be captured in SPARSH at least 45 days before the Date of Retirement.
- The processing of any case at any stage, viz., Service, Medical, Pay or Audit must not take more than 2 days.
- After the audit stage there is a 10 day window for the pensioner to complete Pensioner Data Verification (PDV), assistance and guidance may be provided to the pensioner for completion of his PDV in this 10 day window.
- For death in service cases, efforts may be made to obtain all necessary documents from the Next of Kin promptly, so as to initiate family pension case on SPARSH with in 1 week of death. Further, in such cases, the family pensioner must be followed up to complete identification post sanction as identification is mandatory to initiate disbursement of family pension.
2. In view of above all HODs/CsDA/PCsDA are requested to issue instructions for HOOs/PAOs under their administrative control for strict and time bound compliance of above procedures/instructions to ensure that in all service/superannuation pension cases, the PPO is sanctioned before the date of retirement. Similarly, for death in service cases the PPO is to be made available to the eligible family pensioner within 1 month of death.
Dy. CDA (P)