Enrollment of all contractual / daily wage employees under the EPF & MP Act, 1952 engaged by Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Autonomous/Statutory Bodies of Central/State Government directly or through various agencies and contractors
EPFO, HEAD OFFICE
MINISTRY OF LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
14. BHIKAIJI CAMA PLACE, NEW DELHI 110066
File No. Complince/ Contractual /Employees/ PolicyMatter/ 2021 Date: 06/12/2021
Sub:- Enrollment of all contractual / daily wage employees under the EPF & MP Act, 1952-regarding.
Ref:- 1. Circular No. C-III/110001/4/3(71)MISC./2013/DL 12802 dated 08.10.2013.
2. Circular No. C-III/110001/4/3(71)Misc./2013/DL/Vol.1W/21220 dated 05.11.2014.
3 Circular No. C-III/140001/4/3(71)MISC./2013/DL34862 dated 22.01.2015
4 Circular No. CAIU/011(33)2015/HQ dated 07.03.2016.
5 Circular No. CAIU/O11 (29)2016/Railway Estt./18339 Dated 25.01.2017.
6.Circular No. CAIU/011(29)2016/Railway Estt./19433 Dated 20.02.2017.
7.Circular No. CAIU/011(33)2015/HQ/Vol. IV/2040 Dated 24.05.2018.
8 Circular No. C-1-3(28)2016/&a&14B/300 Dated 01.04.2019.
9 Letter No. C-1/3(28)2016/7A&14B/PE functionality dated 09.11.2021
Sir / Madam,
Vide instructions under reference, Head Office has advised the field offices from time to time for coverage of contract workers under EPF & MP Act, 1952 and to communicate with the Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Autonomous/Statutory Bodies of Central/State Government and apprise them of their responsibilities under the Act in respect of the coverage Of contract workers engaged by them directly or through various agencies and contractors.
2. It has also been suggested to ensure that all the agencies and contractors engaged by them or to whom any work is outsourced are covered under the Act and all eligible personnel supplied and/or contract workers engaged by such agencies are extended membership of the Schemes framed under the Act and ensure regular compliance by the contractors.
3. The Central Govt. & State Govt. departments have been given online facility on the Principal employer functionality on EPFO’s portal to watch compliance made through ECR by the contractors under their respective EPF code numbers. The Central Provident Fund Commissioner has issued communication dated 09.11.2021(copy attached) to Principal Secretary, Labour Department of all State Governments apprising them of the functionality and soliciting the cooperation of State Govt. in ensuring coverage of persons engaged by or through contractors.
4. In the light of the above, it is once again requested that all Regional Provident Fund Commissioners In-Charge of Regional Offices under your jurisdiction may be suitably advised to take immediate steps for coverage of contract workers engaged by the Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Autonomous/Statutory Bodies etc. so that the objectives of the Act are met in true letter and spirit.
Encl: As above
Addl. Central P.F. Commissioner (HQ) (Compliance)