Prior permission for OPD treatment in CGHS empanelled Hospital and Test/investigation alongwith procedure of medical related representation: Instructions by PCA(Fys)
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF ACCOUNTS (FYS)
10-A, S. K. BOSE ROAD, KOLKATA – 700 001
The Officer in Charge
1. All Sections, MO, Local
2. All the Field Units
Subject: Prior permission for OPD treatment in CGHS empanelled Hospital and Test/investigation alongwith procedure of medical related representation- Reg.
1. Of late, it has been noticed that some employees of this organization has submitted the RME claim without following proper official procedure. The details are mentioned below: –
- Some employees are taking prior permission for OPD consultation in CGHS empanelled Hospital but after consultation they are doing the diagnostic test/investigation prescribed by the doctor in that hospital without taking any prior permission for the said diagnostic test/investigation from Competent Authority and submitting the RME claim which is not tenable for audit view point.
- Some employees are taking prior permission for OPD consultation for any particular treatment in CGHS empanelled Hospital but they are carrying out OPD consultation for other various treatment for which permission has not been taken and submitting the RME claim which is also not acceptable in audit view point.
- It has been observed that there is trend among staff members to forward their requests regarding medical related grievances on staff/officers personal mobile numbers and personal email. This is cause of concern and viewed seriously by the higher authorities in terms of HQrs office letter No.0600/AN-X/Vol.XXII dtd.08.07.2022.
2. In this regard, it is requested that –
a) RME claim may be submitted after getting proper approval/ prior permission from the Competent Authority, if required, and
b) regarding forwarding of personal claim and grievances the practice of sending service requests may please be followed as per HQrs office ibid letter dtd.08.07.2022.
This is for information and strict compliance please.
Dy. Controller of Accounts (Fys)